Just wondering....

I don't think I will ever have the funds to become a serious collector of the bags, maybe one or two more will be it for me. I do collect the scarves, I love them so much and they are my weakness. Actually, scarves in general are my obsession, I must have at least 100 probably more.

WOW, Dianagrace! 100+ scarves? That's impressive....I love 'em too and especially all of Clerc's. Just love the movement in them. When you're ready for a bag, think Kelly because that's one that is quintesentially Hermes and will always keep it's value. You can never go wrong with a Kelly....

Shopmom, if: "buying hermes bags even though you are not sure you will ever wear/use it, you just like it" collecting counts then yup, count me in! and I have also bought scarves I have no idea if I will ever wear, "I just love the print and color" same for shoes, gloves, wallets,...I sound like I need help!:shocked: :lol: ( no, just a 3rd generation hermes fan):P

I'm like Ava, sometimes I buy a bunch of scarves just because I like the print and I don't even know what to do with it! :P I also like to collect the limited products Hermes makes for store openings or exhibitions and etc.

avandome said:
Shopmom, if: "buying hermes bags even though you are not sure you will ever wear/use it, you just like it" collecting counts then yup, count me in! and I have also bought scarves I have no idea if I will ever wear, "I just love the print and color" same for shoes, gloves, wallets,...I sound like I need help!:shocked: :lol: ( no, just a 3rd generation hermes fan):P

Buying scarves without knowing if you are going to use it or not is MUCH better (finacially:cry: ) than buying hermes bags without knowing if you are going to use it or not. I have like 3~4 hermes bags that I haven't used it just yet ever since I bought them from Hermes. I just love looking at them so much. And I am putting a lot of effort to get more of them...:shocked: :yucky: :cry:.

avandome said:
Avandome, is that your birkin in the avatar? It's fabulous & looks similar to SATC one. SJP carries one in her green dress.:heart: What color is that? :huh:

aspenmartial said:
Buying scarves without knowing if you are going to use it or not is MUCH better (finacially:cry: ) than buying hermes bags without knowing if you are going to use it or not. I have like 3~4 hermes bags that I haven't used it just yet ever since I bought them from Hermes. I just love looking at them so much. And I am putting a lot of effort to get more of them...:shocked: :yucky: :cry:.
What if I tell you that I had my black Birkin for 2 years before I first used it...!?!?:nuts:

Yeah KB, I did look at it.....!!! but that's as far as I got...Actually this happens to me quite often with new things...maybe I don't wait THAT long before using them, but sometimes a few weeks, or even months, go by before I actually use them....Is there a Psychologist on this board ?!?LOL Maybe I need help...:roflmfao:

duna said:
Yeah KB, I did look at it.....!!! but that's as far as I got...Actually this happens to me quite often with new things...maybe I don't wait THAT long before using them, but sometimes a few weeks, or even months, go by before I actually use them....Is there a Psychologist on this board ?!?LOL Maybe I need help...:roflmfao:

lol, I spoke about something like this with my professional psychologist who happens to be my fiancé:greengrin:. He questioned why do I still have my new dress unwrapped after a fortnight and pointed out there can be two answers:

1) I have cainotophobia which is a mild version of neophobia (fear of new things)
Or
2) I have too many and that I should return it.

I had to admit that I am mentally ill.:lol:

duna said:

Ditto duna! I have to have "admiration time" for my purchases and I admit that I have a hard time breaking them in! I have to savor the newness, the perfection, huff and stroke the leather, count the stitches, ... before I start to give them "character" by using them.

"If there's a cure for this, I don't want it..."