Just Venting - Totally Mortified.

I disagree. She should most definately call and speak with the manager there's nothing wrong or "obnoxious" about it. Those sa's need to learn that they can't just go around talking about customers like that, and it should be brought to his/her attention immediately. She was going to be a paying customer and they lost her sale.I'm pretty sure the manager would like to know about that.

Well, it's my opinion. The SA's didn't say it to her anyways, she overheard it. That's what I read from the post, and it's not like it was really that offensive of a thing to have said. Tit for tat doesn't work, just because you call and possibly get a poor person fired from their job is it going to eradicate the incident from your memory? Are you going to be a better person for it? :confused1:

Having worked in retail, I would talk to the manager for a few reasons; the manager needs to know the attitudes of his/her employees, because not only you but other customers can be affected and they will have no idea how it is hurting business unless they hear from you. Also, it may be doing them a favour if they need to remove people who are not customer oriented and give their jobs to people who are. And regardless of what you are doing with the clothes after...what should they care? They would have gotten commission/paid anyhow, so what's the big whoop? Comments like that are not acceptable, and businesses do need to know and should know if their staff is not treating customers right. Because also as a business owner I thrive on word of mouth, but should I have an unhappy or unsatisfied customer I would like to have the chance to put things right...even if it means big discounts (hint hint). All the best to you, and hope all is well.

Oh no, what a horrid thing to happen. I posted here about having such a great time at Bicester a while ago and it can be a wonderful place. I would definitely call the store manager. It doesn't need to be in a high handed, arrogant way. I'd just say that I'd like to give some feedback following a surprising experience in the shop and that I'd leave it to the manager's judgement how to proceed - I simply wanted her to know because I enjoy Bicester and think it is the sort of place that prides itself on customer service so would welcome constructive feedback.

I don't think it's a choice between being the precious, complaining shopper and the noble 'rise above it' ambassador - rather a case of giving polite, honest and reasonable feedback. KWIM?

Well, it's my opinion. The SA's didn't say it to her anyways, she overheard it. That's what I read from the post, and it's not like it was really that offensive of a thing to have said. Tit for tat doesn't work, just because you call and possibly get a poor person fired from their job is it going to eradicate the incident from your memory? Are you going to be a better person for it? :confused1:

TBH, I think saying rude things within earshot of someone is far worse than saying them to their face.

This is because the 'victim' of this b***y, unprofessional behaviour is forced to either attempt to ignore it, or to storm up to the culprits and confront them; making the 'victim' look like the aggressor. While the SAs, no doubt, pretend that they didn't say anything and attempt to look confused and as if butter wouldn't melt. :blink: :angel:

BTW, we have social security over here and high levels of employment, so if a couple of waste of space employees get the sack, they won't starve and will undoubtedly be back b****ing at a new set of customers, almost immediately, don't worry. ;)

Call or visit the shop, talk to the manager and tell him or her what happened, and exactly what the girls said and how it affected you. Their behaviour was above all unprofessional, not to mention rude and lacking respect for others. Morale among the staff must be low if the assistants ***** about customers within earshot. Hopefully the manager will tell them that you've complained and the SAs will be more careful with their professional conduct.

I don't blame you for being upset. I hope you feel better about it soon.

EDIT: ... and it's true that they were probably just jealous of your lifestyle. But whether you're jealous of someone, or that someone is the person you'd least like to be, you treat them with respect and preserve their dignity.

I recommend re-enacting the scene from 'Pretty Woman'. The one where Julia Roberts goes back to the high end store, all dressed up in beautiful clothing. The day before, dressed as a hooker (but with a wad of cash from Richard Gere :drool:) she tried to buy from the store, but was treated dismissively and rudely by the *****y women assistants.

I loved it when she swooped in, to the fawning reception of the same *****y women and says to them:

* "Yesterday I came here and tried to buy some nice clothes. You were rude to me. Mistake. BIG mistake, HUGE!" and flounces back out to the dropped jaws of the shocked women. :yahoo:

*probably not verbatim, but close enough!

I have read about a dozen responses and will offer a different and I believe more effective way of handling this. Get the number for their corporate office and call there & speak to the highest level of mgmt. you can reach. The manager of the store you were in when this happened is likely friendly with her staff and not much may happen if yoy only speak with her. If her staff is this unprofessional it`s likely a sign of the bad management there already. Go above her as this situation surely warrants such.

**** Excellent suggestion!!!!! ****:yes:

I have just spoken to the Manager (lovely lady) she was absolutely horrified this had happened, especially as these two girls were already on a warning for the exact same thing the day before.

I told her I had spoken to friends about this incident (you lot) and they had convinced me that the Manageress needed to know this was happening. I explained that I did not want to get anyone into trouble and refused to name or describe the two girls involved. But there was no need the Manageress already knew who the culprits were. The manageress did offer to send me the 3 skirts, I told her there was no need - I hadn't called to get something for nothing, just wanted to let her know what was happening in her store.

wtf?? did I read that right? Karen Millen?? are they kidding? thats like one small step above Topshop! WTF?? I would personally compain. I probably would have just done it to their face there & then but now I would write to the company HO.

ooh! I'm going to Bicester village next week (to look at Petit Bateau!!) so I'll drop in & give the cowbags evils for ya!:biggrin:

I have just spoken to the Manager (lovely lady) she was absolutely horrified this had happened, especially as these two girls were already on a warning for the exact same thing the day before.

I told her I had spoken to friends about this incident (you lot) and they had convinced me that the Manageress needed to know this was happening. I explained that I did not want to get anyone into trouble and refused to name or describe the two girls involved. But there was no need the Manageress already knew who the culprits were. The manageress did offer to send me the 3 skirts, I told her there was no need - I hadn't called to get something for nothing, just wanted to let her know what was happening in her store.

I'm so glad you called - and I am not surprised that the girls have done it before. I say good on you for letting management know; now it's up to them to decide how to proceed. IMO, if any staff was making customers feel inadequate in anyway, I wouldn't want them there.

*poke* i told ya they'd try to compensate and give ya free stuff. i would have happily taken those 3 skirts and sold em to the SA's on ebay lol... jk

so LIKE I SAID they were probably doing it to other people, and the manageress was probably SO sick of it anyway. people who work in retail are supposed to be keeping customers coming back. SA's at coach will often create a relationship between themselves and the customer. they greet you fabulously every time you come into the store, they help you make decisions like a best friend would, and they try to get you the best deals and help you find everything you need. uh, yeah so i keep goin back to coach because of the nice ppl that work there, and the SA that i chose (hehe) i didn't even make a huge purchase from that day, but her sweet demeanor and lovely attitude towards her job made me remember her name. next time i go to Coach i hope Summer is there.

i really hope those lil twits got stuck in back stocking stuff. they dont' deserve to be on the floor where people should be catered to as far as being a customer goes. boo to them! YAY to you calling! very good!

Perfectly handled! Good for you. Some people need to learn basic manners and common curtesy. Hopefully the manager will do something to either change their behavior or show them the door.