Just sold my chanel bag 22k pink and I lost a 2.5k

I needed to sell the bag to make a purchase of something else. I sold it to a store that sells gold and bags. I bought the bag for almost 7k cad and sold it for 4k cad. Lost 3k. I am in pain. He says pink is a hard to sell bag. Right now the economy is bad. No one is buying and everyone is selling.
I don't know about resellers, but I own a boutique in Canada and no one is shopping right now. Inflation and BOC rates are killing us

I am sorry to hear that! :sad: It's sad to part with a bag you love and loose so much money in the process.

I have been very selective with my collection because I do not intend to sell them, but of course you never know what life has in store for you. So I like to think about the 'maybe increased value' after lots of price increases but I use them because they bring me joy. I know that sounds silly but they do show my achievements in a way and of course I love their look.

I needed to sell the bag to make a purchase of something else. I sold it to a store that sells gold and bags. I bought the bag for almost 7k cad and sold it for 4k cad. Lost 3k. I am in pain. He says pink is a hard to sell bag. Right now the economy is bad. No one is buying and everyone is selling.

Unfortunately the timing for selling bags is not the best.
Pink is not the easiest color to sell but it will sell to the right person.
Sounds like you funded the sale of the Chanel bag for another purchase.
Enjoy that purchase!!

Usually, pink (same with black bags) sells well. Do you have a pic of the bag you can share with us?

I actually think pink bags sells very well, but then again it depends on what type of pink. They say once you buy something and the minute you walk out of that store, it looses its value by 50%. Demand and supply plays a role. But at least your bag is not sitting in closet and you can use that funds to something you truly love! Life is too short for regrets! Live and learn I guess.

It is a beautiful bag and I am sorry you didn't get close to what you paid for it. Obviously, you wanted to fund another purchase by selling this bag. We are always disappointed when we don't get what we hoped for. In the end, I hope your new purchase brings you more joy and happiness.