Just Because it's Designer Doesn't Mean it's Good - Post your WTH Finds!

An actual Hermès bag from years ago. They called it (confusingly) the Sac Himalaya. I occasionally show it to SAs to prove that sometimes even H makes hideous mistakes:

View attachment 3699307

PS you can't really see it in this pic but that is a weird half-zipper at the top of the blue section.
Is this a real bag? Lol I'm so confused. What exactly is the green part of the bag for? Seems like just decoration.... or the person who made this just placed it in a wrong area...

Reactions: BBC
Is this a real bag? Lol I'm so confused. What exactly is the green part of the bag for? Seems like just decoration.... or the person who made this just placed it in a wrong area...

Yep, it's totally real. If you do a very detailed search you can find pics. I love how they describe the bag at Heritage Auctions, making it sound so much better than it is:

https://www.ha.com/heritage-auction...k-luxury-accessories-auction.s?releaseId=2504

Screenshot:
IMG_1494973808.128630.jpg

Other fabulous options we missed out on:
(Check out the price estimates!!!!)

IMG_1494973831.726734.jpg

IMG_1494973861.352050.jpg

Yep, it's totally real. If you do a very detailed search you can find pics. I love how they describe the bag at Heritage Auctions, making it sound so much better than it is:

https://www.ha.com/heritage-auction...k-luxury-accessories-auction.s?releaseId=2504

Screenshot:
View attachment 3700879

Other fabulous options we missed out on:
(Check out the price estimates!!!!)

View attachment 3700881

View attachment 3700882
Lol the only reason why it is rare is because someone at Hermes realized these horrible looking bags were made and stopped production on them immediately

I believe this bag deserves a spot in this thread. Marc Jacobs Wingman charm tote. Floppy little bag covered in tacky little charms on the front and costs $630 to $900. All made in China. I've seen this bag in person before and it was hideous. Looked like an art project. Definitely worth less than $200 at most.

View attachment 3449928

I like the design of this, too, actually - but, if the quality is poor, that obviously isn't good.