Just back from my honeymoon and guess what I got???

Ozzysmom

Hermesaphile
O.G.
Jan 26, 2006
A silver Balenciaga box! My husband and I took a trip to St. Barth's for a day with the intent (well, my intent) of finding Balenciagas--and since St. Barth's retail stores do siestas, I had less than an hour to find them! Talk about stress!!! As soon as we docked, I made a bee-line for a sweet store named Calypso which was fully stocked with firsts, citys, sacs, one twiggy, and two boxes--one in pink metallic and one in silver. Maybe it was the slight tan I had from the trip or the outfit I was wearing, but I just fell in love with the way the silver box looked while carrying. So I took the plunge and bought it! I'm sure I will get creamed when the euro is converted to dollar, but it was worth it. I love it. As soon as I can, I will download the pictures of it. :smile:

Congratulations on your wedding/honeymoon AND your new bag! That should be a nice memento of your trip! Not that you would forget your honeymoon! Way to choose under pressure! And the Euro converts a lot nicer than the pound! About $0.83 to 1 EU.

Thanks everyone! The honeymoon was awesome. We tooka cruise to the Caribbean. I've downloaded the pics but they're too big to upload to the blog. I need to make them smaller. Grrr....

Anyway, I'm really happy with the bag. It's bigger than I thought it would be but it's the perfect size to hold everything I need and it's great for casual purposes--the weekend and going out and doing errands.

okay figured out how to shrink the images so they can be uploaded. Let me know what you think. I included one with me holding it. I have a few more to add.

Attachments

• bbag1.JPG
    bbag1.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 104
  • bbag2.JPG
    bbag2.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 107
  • bbag3.JPG
    bbag3.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 159
  • bbags1.JPG
    bbags1.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 150
It is very well-loved. The handles have darken quite a bit. And I tripped and fell while carrying it. I could have cared less about falling and hurting myself than I cared about the fact that I landed on the side that I was carrying the bag! Miraculously, it didn't get scuffed up. A remarkable testament to the geniuses behind Balenciaga. Here are a few more pics:

Attachments

• caramel city.JPG
    caramel city.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 84
  • bbags2.JPG
    bbags2.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 92