Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

jumbo is a heavy bag, it fits a lot compared to medium classic flap but it is heavy and it is a day bag.
Strap is too long to crossbody.

are you tall ? then jumbo might look good on you.

My vote is medium classic flap.

Reactions: myztic
I prefer Jumbo over Medium (except for the summer period) and I get more wear out of it, but since you have Medium you should be able to determine if you need a bag which offers more space. If medium fits your needs, go with beige in the same size. If it does not and you often feel you need a bigger bag, I would suggest a Jumbo.

I have three jumbos and it’s my favorite size. I may even add one more. I only have one medium classic flap for evenings out, that’s enough. The medium just doesn’t function as an every day bag for me. It holds too little and I don’t like how it hangs either single chained or doubled. The jumbo (called large now) sits so nicely when double chained and it has a back pocket for my phone and a mask which I’ve come to realize is a convenience I need :smile:

A jumbo might be fine for you, just a bit of caution.

Hopefully you can try a jumbo on and perhaps put your wallet in it. Remember the chain on the jumbo is longer and heavier than medium. I'm about 5. 5 and more robust in size. I find that I tire of wearing my jumbo all day - if carrying shopping bags. For example, I would not take my jumbo along a planned shopping trip. If you have someone else carry your bags, then it's perfect!
I've seen a few ladies in LA with their jumbos and husbands/son's/partners. are carrying the shopping bags. :smile:

I'm 5'2 and small frame (0/00/xs). Mini and jumbo are my favorite size. Before kids, jumbo was my favorite. I don't find it heavy at all. I don't carry it as often anymore because I have a 2 and 5 yo and I need only crossbody bags. I don't carry my mini with them either since it's lambskin and too small for my needs. My m/l is my least favorite because it can't be worn crossbody. It's really only an evening bag for me but with the pandemic there's no use for it...it's the only bag I have not taken out in the last year.

I think you should try out the jumbo if you can in the store and also take a look at the m/l beige. See which one you fall in love with.

Everyone has different taste so ultimately it's what you fall in love with when you see it.

I won’t say the small has a longer strap. I feel like they both have the same strap length when I tried both on. The M/L is slightly taller since it is bigger, which will make the chain length appear shorter.

I am quite petite and have a thin frame so the bag actually works crossbody for me. If you want that bum bag look, I think the small will be a good option. At the end, definitely have to take into consideration height and body frame. Hopefully you’ll get to try it out in store to see which works best for you ❤View attachment 5044821

How tall are you, and what size is the bag?

Hello there i have a question to the small / medium flap owner; is the small / medium differs in chain length? Some source said that the medium are longer, but i've also heard that the small are actually longer and how long is it single drop? i am quiet tall and thinking to get the one with the longer chain to use it as a crossbody (bum bag look) :giggle:

Thanks
Hi! I have both - small and medium. I’m 5‘7 and crossbody isn’t my fav look for this bag :sad: - unfortunately. So I tend to wear it like shown in the pic with the red one/short strap.

Attachments

• 6DF04CC6-3511-4DBF-94D0-3EE9655E4169.jpeg
    6DF04CC6-3511-4DBF-94D0-3EE9655E4169.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 797ED6A6-163F-476B-AADF-3B41978EACBB.jpeg
    797ED6A6-163F-476B-AADF-3B41978EACBB.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 373
Can anyone tell me what the most recent series for the classic flap is? Is this the 28 series (for example). I want to buy a classic flap and at this moment it is in stock and just want to make sure that I don’t buy a real old series one.

Reactions: BrightStar57