Journée Fabuleuse - Hermès Bag Reveal

Congratulations on your beautiful HAC! I really enjoyed reading your reveal as you had me at the edge of my seat needing to know the happy ending. I could sense your happiness and excitement. Cheers and enjoy it! [emoji1362][emoji521][emoji5]

Reactions: fabuleux
I wanted to take a minute and update this thread. I read a lot about declaring (or not) the bag at CBP when entering the US. I landed in Detroit this morning and decided to declare the bag. I felt it was the right thing to do, knowing that I was way above the $800 limit. The officer was great and applied the 3% tax to the full amount. Like others have mentioned, the officer expressed multiple times that he applied the lower tax formula because I was being honest and straightforward.

After the standard deductions, I was charged $266, which I find very reasonable knowing that I will receive almost $1,000 in VAT refund. I hope this update may help people who are making purchases abroad and who are debating how to proceed at CBP upon entering the United States.

I wanted to take a minute and update this thread. I read a lot about declaring (or not) the bag at CBP when entering the US. I landed in Detroit this morning and decided to declare the bag. I felt it was the right thing to do, knowing that I was way above the $800 limit. The officer was great and applied the 3% tax to the full amount. Like others have mentioned, the officer expressed multiple times that he applied the lower tax formula because I was being honest and straightforward.

After the standard deductions, I was charged $266, which I find very reasonable knowing that I will receive almost $1,000 in VAT refund. I hope this update may help people who are making purchases abroad and who are debating how to proceed at CBP upon entering the United States.
I loved your reveal (and the bag, of course!) but this post made me a fan of yours!!

What a beautiful story and a beauty bag! No doubt that you will enjoy it for many years to come! Just like you, I’ve been mostly buying LV for quite some time and knows all about the history and leather, however recently I’ve been so disappointed by the quality after so many trips for repair that I’ve decided to branch out. Chanel is not any better and comes with a snobby service, (plus is it wrong if I don’t get as excited as my gfs whenever I see a cc bag?) so what’s left? H of course! It’s still early stage, but besides the B/k, I just love the scarves, accessories and even the homewares, so cheers to a potential lifetime of H journey for both of us!

What a beautiful story and a beauty bag! No doubt that you will enjoy it for many years to come! Just like you, I’ve been mostly buying LV for quite some time and knows all about the history and leather, however recently I’ve been so disappointed by the quality after so many trips for repair that I’ve decided to branch out. Chanel is not any better and comes with a snobby service, (plus is it wrong if I don’t get as excited as my gfs whenever I see a cc bag?) so what’s left? H of course! It’s still early stage, but besides the B/k, I just love the scarves, accessories and even the homewares, so cheers to a potential lifetime of H journey for both of us!
Thank you for your kind words. :hugs:
Unlike you, I haven’t really experienced quality issues at Louis Vuitton during my twenty years collecting items from the brand. In fact, I can say that my bags have held up exceptionally well. Nevertheless, I’m excited to explore Hermès and discover a new point of view, a new brand, and a new range of products. Like many, I am learning a lot thanks to the generous members of TPF. I definitely don’t have the budget that would allow multiple bag purchases within a short amount of time... so I will live vicariously through the reveals on the forum. :P