Jomashop - why are they always cheaper?

Jomashop is what is called a grey market business. They deal in stock over-runs, end of series, going-out-of-business stock, and the like. That is why their prices are lower than regular retail. The main risk you run is that returning and exchanging merchandise won’t be as easy or even possible as it would be with a regular bricks-and-mortar store. Also, manufacturer’s guarantees on products like watches don’t apply if purchased on the grey market. So that is the trade-off when buying grey market.

I’ve bought 3 SLGs from Jomashop and have been very, very satisfied with those purchases. I wasn’t necessarily expecting a designer box, but with those purchases, it was included, the items were shipped quickly, and I was very happy with the quality of the actual goods.

So when I saw a handbag that I have been strongly considering purchasing (for over a year) pop up for a steal of a price (a Saint Laurent large College bag), I jumped at it. I just received it. No designer box on this one, but I assume that it is like most department stores that do not provide boxes for most bags.

However, inside the outer pocket, there was a Jomashop return receipt with the name, physical address, email address and price paid by the person who must have purchased and returned it immediately prior to me (it showed she bought it a couple of weeks prior). I thought that was a pretty unfortunate privacy breach to leave a prior customer’s information in the bag. (I of course would shred this information and do nothing with it, but I wonder if I should call customer service and tell them that they should be more careful.) I also am wondering what is “wrong” with the bag, lol. I know people return for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with quality of the bag, but I’m relatively new to luxury designer purchases and have this nagging nervous feeling that I’m missing something about it. Anyway, just Googled, found this thread, and thought I would share my experience.

Reactions: enui
I was looking at purchasing a Gucci Disney bag from Jomashop, and so far Purseblog has been positive for authenticity. However, looking at the image on the website, the strap on the right side seems to have the GG logo backwards. They look like ee. Is this not a redflag for a fake??
Is it possible the image is mirrored? I’m not so good at figuring those things out but I’m wondering if that could be the issue?