Jewelry w/ your purse?

PurseSlave

O.G.
Feb 25, 2006
Hi ladies....I have always pondered this but never asked....do you always have to match your jewelry w/ your bag, or does it not matter? for example: if the bag has gold-colored hardware, do you have to wear gold jewelry? Would it look weird wearing silver jewelry if you had gold hardware on your bag? and vice versa?

I know this is an odd question...but it has always bugged me! lol :shame:

I don't think that's an issue for me. It is more like gold watch w/gold earrings, silver watch w/silver earrings. If I wear a belt I will usually match the buckle to my jewelry.
These days I don't think you have to match your bag to your shoes. You can wear Chanel bags w/jeans.. I don't think it matters unless you plan to go on the red carpet somewhere.
That's just my opinion, though

:lol:
I can't even imagine thinking about this. :blink:
I just grab my bag and go.

I thought we left the matching stuff
behind but I think it's had a resurgence as I see this mentioned on other forums. Please don't make me match- not gonna do it! :lol::biggrin::lol::biggrin:

fendigal said:
I don't think that's an issue for me. It is more like gold watch w/gold earrings, silver watch w/silver earrings. If I wear a belt I will usually match the buckle to my jewelry.
These days I don't think you have to match your bag to your shoes. You can wear Chanel bags w/jeans.. I don't think it matters unless you plan to go on the red carpet somewhere.
That's just my opinion, though

Yea I always match my jewelry. And I match my jewelry w/ my belt too. Never cared about matching my shoes w/ my bag though.

kitskats said:
:lol:
I can't even imagine thinking about this. :blink:
I just grab my bag and go.

I thought we left the matching stuff
behind but I think it's had a resurgence as I see this mentioned on other forums. Please don't make me match- not gonna do it! :lol::biggrin::lol::biggrin:

Yea I know it sounds kinda ridiculous haha...but o well I think about some pretty random things sometimes!! :lol:

I don't like yellow gold jewelry or goldtone hardware on bags, so most of my bags are silvertone. I usually match because that's what I like. I don't necessarily match my bag & shoes.

Maybe purses need to match occasions. Like are you going to the ballet or to a ballgame? Although, back in the day, at the University of Kentucky (1980's), I remember the "well-to-do ladies" wearing their minks and sipping their bourbon and cokes at the football game.
I just can't see going to the Eagles game in a fur or my most expensive bag in today's world. Some idiot would probably spill their drink on it.

PurseSlave, don't worry. You're not the only one. My bf got me a silver Tiffany's open heart necklace and I feel it clashes with the gold tone on my Speedy! I wear one or the other..

kahluamilk said:
PurseSlave, don't worry. You're not the only one. My bf got me a silver Tiffany's open heart necklace and I feel it clashes with the gold tone on my Speedy! I wear one or the other..

Definitely! I love Tiffany's!! I have the same prob lol