Jewelry Lovers chit chat thread

frick&frack - are you kidding me?! I don't have a shot at an eternity band for AGES! I'm 36 now, when I'm 38 I'll have my 10th year anniversary, and I've given DH a range of between the 10 year and my 40th bday for the ring... so, it will be sometime between 2012 and 2014!!!!

^^^ I still think it's a great idea to know what you want, even if it is literally years away from happening. I'm hoping to own a Rolex white gold pearlmaster one day, but that is seriously DECADES off!! I have tried one on though and it looks HOT!

I call it research :graucho:

frick&frack - are you kidding me?! I don't have a shot at an eternity band for AGES! I'm 36 now, when I'm 38 I'll have my 10th year anniversary, and I've given DH a range of between the 10 year and my 40th bday for the ring... so, it will be sometime between 2012 and 2014!!!!

that's not too far away! don't give up hope...keep hope alive! :P

I agree about trying things on for research. I like to see everything before I make a decision. currently I'm loving pave bands (not the super thin ones...regular width & wide), but I have always loved bands with stones & decoration...they look antique/vintage to me (which I love).

that's not too far away! don't give up hope...keep hope alive! :P

I agree about trying things on for research. I like to see everything before I make a decision. currently I'm loving pave bands (not the super thin ones...regular width & wide), but I have always loved bands with stones & decoration...they look antique/vintage to me (which I love).

I agree! I want to know what actually looks good and what everything costs. If I don't know, how can I ever plan for it? :biggrin:

Although, it is true that researching can be dangerous...nothing I can't handle though :P

^I have to see EVERYTHING before I commit to any major purchase or purchase for an event...clothes, gowns, shoes, jewelry, bags, houses, cars, etc. the search for my prom dress, wedding dress, car (for example) involved a lot of back & forth/searching. my mom & sisters are not this way, so I drive them insane! it actually stresses them out to have too many choices. luckily we are different in many ways, so I don't ask their advice on this type of thing any more. makes us all happier!

I think that is why I always regret online shoe purchases, I need the trying on time before decision making. And I'm really lazy about returning things, so it's a bad combo.

that's funny because I LOVE online shopping...but not for clothes. I do very well with shoes, bags, & accessories. I also hate returning...even in person. I had a garage sale yesterday (spring cleaning madness) as well as a huge stash for consignment, & I'm embarrassed at the amount of things that I've never even used. I've gotten much better about that in the last year or so.