Jessica Alba

I'm 100% Latina and it really bothers me that she's saying this....she is embarassed of her heritage.

I watch spanish tv all the time and I've NEVER EVER seen her talking spanish...JLO does a better job than her, JLO talks on spanish programs, even sings in spanish, but this broad can't even say, "HOLA"???!?!!?!
I think it's so cool when people stand for what they are, look at Salma Hayek, Eva Mendes, [SIZE=-1]America Ferrera,[/SIZE]....they all know where they came from and embrace it.....i understand our own people may be [SIZE=-1]Discriminatory at times- trust me i know- but that gives you no right to say, "okay, Latinos were mean to me, so screw them!!!!!"
she wants to be Caucasian so bad- but Latina is written all over her!!!!!
sorry if i'm so mad, but it's not easy for a Latina woman to get into Hollywood, be successful as Alba is, and so famous like she is and then to put your race down?????
How ugly is that?????
I wonder how Salma Hayek would feel about all this...

[/SIZE]

Whether she said those comments or not...i've never seen her in Spanish shows, talking spanish, or talking about being spanish....so to me it doesnt matter if she said those nasty things about Mexicans....
she is a stuck-up, wanna-be, ungrateful b****......
I'm ashamed she's half-Latina.

...she sounds embarrased of her heritage...
...It sounds like she herself is ashamed. Lame...
WOW a lot of those statements are really ignorant.
Wow, that is really sad....it sounds like her whole family is embarrassed of who they are...
Well, I got all tuned up to reply to this thread, and discovered that other people had already said everything I was going to say, and as usual, in about 7000 fewer words than I would have needed.
(from the article) "Mexicans just spread all their seeds. And the women just pop them out."
...she is a stuck-up, wanna-be, ungrateful b****......
I'm ashamed she's half-Latina.
Orale! :drinks:

Personally, I think she must've been misquoted.

I agree. Either that or she got a little too comfy chattin' with the interviewer. Anyone remember Jennifer Lopez when she gave that interview to Movieline magazine when her star was on the rise!? Maaan, Jen was a little TOO lax, IMHO! If I remember correctly, Jen did admit to saying those things but she'd assumed her comments were off the record. She also apologized to Madonna, Gweneth and every and anyone else she offended in the article.

Someone mentioned Cameron Diaz. I was thinkin' about her too. Has she ever been asked about her Latin heritage? I mean, to each his or her own. But there's nothing wrong with givin' props to your heritage.

Just my opinion.

I think this sums up the reason behind everything: "My whole life, when I was growing up, not one race has ever accepted me, ... So I never felt connected or attached to any race specifically. I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don't speak Spanish. So, to say that I'm a Latin actress, OK, but it's not fitting; it would be insincere."

Honestly, I don't see anything offensive about her quote. I also think that it's quite understandable. She's THIRD-generation Mexican. She grew up being stereotyped by Latins AND Caucasians. Obviously she identifies more with Caucasians because her family CHOSE to raise her that way. I guess her grandfather had it really hard and that's why he refused to speak Spanish at home.

I really think she was misquoted or that the quote was taken out of context or something. Some reporter wasn't making enough money or getting enough dirt so he/she decided to stir sh*t up.

Someone mentioned Cameron Diaz. I was thinkin' about her too. Has she ever been asked about her Latin heritage? I mean, to each his or her own. But there's nothing wrong with givin' props to your heritage.

Just my opinion.

She has:

I go, "God, you know, it all sounds so familiar. I know what you're saying, I really do. I just cannot respond to you back in Spanish. I can barely speak English properly." I didn't grow up in a Cuban or Latin community. I grew up in Southern California on the beach, basically. And I'm third generation. I'm of Cuban descent, but I'm American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Diaz

The difference with Jessica's response (if true) is, hers was just tactless.

She's an idiot!!! I'm Mexican/American and proud. It's her grandfathers/dad's fault she's the way she is. The grandfather didn't insteal it in his kids to be proud of where you came from, instead he wanted to fit in with the folks that were accepted back then. Therefore his son didn't do that with his kids. Very sad!!! if you ask me. She went to the high school I attended, "she's younger" But, I can totally see where girls there made her a outcast for "acting to white".

It all boils down to it being her grandfathers fault she feels this way.. I never liked her in movies! she doesn't know how to act.