Jeans you love

I Just wanted to say what a useful thread! I want to buy a couple good pairs of jeans, what I currently own all look like crap. My problem is the dreaded muffin top agrrr!!! I'll be checking those Joe's ... Thanks!

I've got one pair of Citizen of Humanity. They were my first pair of expensive jeans... I've got 3 pairs of 7 FAM....and I've recently purchased a pair of Paige jeans.... all where on sale except my Citizens which where my first pair that I bought for myself on my 25th birthday....They are so old and worn... I'm 29 now....

My faves are juicy couture denim, which fit me really well, and Joes the Muse. I've got a booty too, and figured that the honey would be better for me, but, suprisingly, the muse was a better all around fit.

I've also got Rock n Republics, but the juicy and joes are my favorites.

I've tried SFMK and COH, but they just don't fit me right, no matter what the cut. I've tried J brand and liked them... maybe those will be my next pair.

I can't recall the most I've spent, but I'm a bargain hunter and would never pay full price for jeans... the Joes are my most recent purchase I got them for $70.

I like Paige jeans the best too...in multiple styles. I also love Joe's Provocateur.

For more reasonably-priced jeans, I like Mavi, trouser jeans from Banana Republic, and Martin+Osa.

I just got a pair of the new Victoria Secret Angel jeans and they are really nice! I usually spend a lot more, but I am so impressed with these. They are not cut too low so you get a nice curve in the back, too...oh and no muffin top!

I love, love love jeans... If i didn't constantly give to op-shops I would probably have about 100 pairs :shocked:, but that being said, I buy a lot of my clothes vintage.

Jeans are so personal, and levis (among others) never seem to look good on me... At the urging of a friend, being aussie, I gave Sass and Bide a go. I don't know how much they cost overseas but I managed to get a pair for $35AU on sale - TOTAL STEAL - and they are amazing (here they retail at around AU200), when they go I would be happy to pay full price if I couldn't get them on sale.

They have a lot of styles but I reckon a little stretch is always a good thing - let's face it, in snug jeans you can go up or down half a size just from having a glass of water :P S&B are amazing in that their hipsters never end up, er, too low... Must be the cut!

I reckon you should go to a big department store that stocks all the designers and spend a day trying a range of stuff on. Hopefully you will find two or three brands that suit you! And for those who say that buying expensive denim is a waste of money, it lasts two or three times as long... And it looks great right up until the point it's ready for the trash heap (shape stays good and colours last better), not gradually looking tattier and tattier from week one... If it's on sale, you can usually buy it for only a little more than what you would pay for an average pair anyway.

Good luck :smile:

My favorite jeans are the J brand 12' skinnies in ink wash. They can be dressed up, dressed down, and go with pretty much everything. They have become my "go-to" jeans!

At a lower price point I would recommend Cheap Monday. They have some cute washes and styles for reasonable prices.

First pic is the J brands, second is the Cheap Monday Tight.

Attachments

• JBRA-WJ6_V1.jpg
    JBRA-WJ6_V1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 29
  • CHEA-WJ25_V1.jpg
    CHEA-WJ25_V1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 50
I love, love love jeans... If i didn't constantly give to op-shops I would probably have about 100 pairs :shocked:, but that being said, I buy a lot of my clothes vintage.

Jeans are so personal, and levis (among others) never seem to look good on me... At the urging of a friend, being aussie, I gave Sass and Bide a go. I don't know how much they cost overseas but I managed to get a pair for $35AU on sale - TOTAL STEAL - and they are amazing (here they retail at around AU200), when they go I would be happy to pay full price if I couldn't get them on sale.

They have a lot of styles but I reckon a little stretch is always a good thing - let's face it, in snug jeans you can go up or down half a size just from having a glass of water :P S&B are amazing in that their hipsters never end up, er, too low... Must be the cut!

I reckon you should go to a big department store that stocks all the designers and spend a day trying a range of stuff on. Hopefully you will find two or three brands that suit you! And for those who say that buying expensive denim is a waste of money, it lasts two or three times as long... And it looks great right up until the point it's ready for the trash heap (shape stays good and colours last better), not gradually looking tattier and tattier from week one... If it's on sale, you can usually buy it for only a little more than what you would pay for an average pair anyway.

Good luck :smile:

I love Sass and bide! They are so sleek and hug me in the right places. It definitely has to be a "skinny day" for me to fit into them though.

I love denim! It's one of my weaknesses!!
My faves are:
Paige
7FAM
Citizens
Rock N Republic
William Rast
True Religion
The most I've spent on a pair would have been about $250.

Diesel
R&R
William Rast
Siwy

Diesel has some awesome durable washes and they last forever. I prefer the Matic and Lowky Cut.
http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/Diesel.jsp?&sc=Jeans

R&R's are just super comfortable and stretchy with gorgeous washes and great pocket designs. A little more scared of the washing the material too much since it's thinner and more huggy.
http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/RockandRepublic.jsp?&sc=Kasandra

WR very comfortable but stretch out a lot. Form fitting and great cuts.
http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/WilliamRast.jsp?&sc=Jeans

Siwy tends to run small from my experience, but their back pockets just make your but look mmmmazing.
http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/SiwyJeans.jsp