Jaune vs Soleil

I want a 35 togo soleil birkin.. I am confused to what hardware I shud get it in?
GHW or PHW
Wht looks better against the yellow??
I have an orange 35 cm togo GHW
Rouge garrance 35cm togo PHW
Blue jean 30 cm togo PHW

Pls give me ur inputs :smile:
Totally confused :smile:

I have a 35cm togo soleil birkin and mine has PHW hardware. I think the silver provides a wonderful contrast to the yellow.

I have a 35cm togo soleil birkin and mine has PHW hardware. I think the silver provides a wonderful contrast to the yellow.

Your soleil looks soo beautiful!

I definatley want a soleil with PHW..but thinking 35 birkin togo OR Kelly?

I want a Kelly, and definately in a fun bright colour, I think Soleil would be great on a Kelly too:smile:

I want a 35 togo soleil birkin.. I am confused to what hardware I shud get it in?
GHW or PHW
Wht looks better against the yellow??
I have an orange 35 cm togo GHW
Rouge garrance 35cm togo PHW
Blue jean 30 cm togo PHW

Pls give me ur inputs :smile:
Totally confused :smile:

I have ordered mine with PHW. Thought it will stand out more with the yellow. THough I'm sure gold is lovely too, just that the GHW might not stand out as much.

Many thanks shopaholicious, La Vanguardia, Queenie, IFFAH, pyrexia, jen0575, bagtasia, Sammyjoe and orchids for your valuable input! Though I still haven't made up my mind and I guess I won't be able to till I'm actually in the shop and look at the color IRL! ;)

shopaholicious, judged by the color chart, I'd go for jaune as it seems to be brighter and purer yellow while soleil seems to be a bit darker. Maybe it'll look differently with the leather. I have expected soleil to be a bit like buttery yellow...

Sammyjoe, curry is a beautiful color too (which one isn't?:biggrin:)! However, I'm really into the "pure" yellow...

ilovecocohanel, I actually also thought about getting a Kelly in yellow as I think it'll look very cute with pop colors.

Does anyone know with which leather Jaune or soleil looks the brightest (not necessarily the most intense but more pure yellow)?

Lux, good to see you again! Haven't seen you at the HL thread for ages! Really miss you and piggy!

For those who own a yellow bags, do the handles get darken by wear? I love the colourful, bright colour, but is worried about it get dirty easy? Do you take more care on this bags? Thanks for letting me know.....

For those who own a yellow bags, do the handles get darken by wear? I love the colourful, bright colour, but is worried about it get dirty easy? Do you take more care on this bags? Thanks for letting me know.....

first it depends on skin the skin the bag is made of but i say it is pretty OK of course worse than on black but easier than the true light colors
if you worry maybe epsom is your skin as it can be wiped down easily
but again if handels get dark or not is soo different for everyone depends on you body oils as well or how often you use handlotion etc etc
but naturally one can not expect to have any lighter color to stay brand new out of the box for ever but if it really should come to the worst one can always replace the handles . but seriously i would not worry to much enjoy the bag !

overall i say you are ok with both yellows

hi all! would anyone have info on when the yellows (jaune and soleil) were first offered. i'm looking at a kelly28 in jaune with date stamp of v encased in a circle (1992). i was wondering if jaune was already in production back then? unfortunately, i cannot have the bag authenticated due to lack of pictures. thanks for any help:smile:

To me jaune to soleil is something like potiron to orange. Jaune maybe a bit more versatile then soleil, whereas soleil is more of a pop colour.

I have a Soleil Birkin wih PHW, I personally prefer the PHW against Soleil as it provides a good contrast. As far handles getting dirty, Ive used it all Summer and last and my handles still look like new. Mine is Togo BTW, not sure if this makes a difference. HTH