JAN/FEBR New Bal acquisitions

Yes, that’s correct. I know it can be confusing but really, FP should know better. The Velo wasn’t even produced in 2004. But don’t let that spoil your enjoyment of your new bag, the Velo is a great style!
Thank you for the info. I did wonder how a 20 year old bag could still look so good, lol. 2016 makes much more sense.

Reactions: muchstuff
I've been lurking in the Bal forum while stalking resellers for my first Bal bag. Finally pulled the trigger with Fashionphile. I probably overpaid a bit, but it was exactly the specs I was looking for and in very good condition.

View attachment 5707777
Gorgeous Bal! Congratulations. Love how shiny the leather is and, of course, a long adjustable strap is always better than a short one, IMO.

My floral city arrived in lightning speed from Japan. I was expecting it to be in shambles given the price and how utterly blurry every single listing photo was. But it’s near pristine, with slight dryness/cracking along the edges and underside of handles. But zero darkening of handles and otherwise clean and the leather soft and supple.

View attachment 5708360

View attachment 5708361
I be been pleasantly surprised in the past from my Japanese purchases. What a great spring bag!

Reactions: JenJBS
Confession: I was naughty again.
Full disclosure: I was still gutted after someone swooped in and nabbed that pine green Giant 21 hobo before I could back in December. So I kept searching and this little babe popped up. A 2011 Vert Sauge day with giant rose gold hardware and the price was an absolute steal. (Less than I paid for any other day or hobo I own). The color is perfect. As I wanted something either green or teal in the day style for spring and summer.
It is a bit more dry than other Bals I have, but I do also own an arsenal of leather moisturizer so not a problem.

20230127_132651.jpg

Full disclosure: I was still gutted after someone swooped in and nabbed that pine green Giant 21 hobo before I could back in December. So I kept searching and this little babe popped up. A 2011 Vert Sauge day with giant rose gold hardware and the price was an absolute steal. (Less than I paid for any other day or hobo I own). The color is perfect. As I wanted something either green or teal in the day style for spring and summer.
It is a bit more dry than other Bals I have, but I do also own an arsenal of leather moisturizer so not a problem.

View attachment 5708428
Oh I love that color combo!

View attachment 5708428
Me tooooooo really nice bag congrats!

View attachment 5708428
Gorgeous colour! Curious as to how you make out moisturizing, I had a papyrus from that season and moisturizer didn’t seem to penetrate whatever they topped the leather with.

• Love
Reactions: Punkkitten