Jamie Suede Crossbody

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I got an email today about this bag that is only available until October 31. Has anyone seen it IRL? I don't like to order without being able to see it in person but I don't have a MK store nearby.

I love the suspender straps and the dogleash closure. They remind me of some vintage Coach bags that are impossible to find.

I'm also not sure what size to get. I'm leaning towards the large one but I don't want it to be too big.

http://www.michaelkors.com/jamie-large-suede-crossbody/_/R-US_30H5TJXS3S?color=1220#

http://www.michaelkors.com/jamie-medium-suede-crossbody/_/R-US_30H5TJXS1S?No=-1&color=1220

Attachments

• michael kors medium suede crossbody.PNG
    michael kors medium suede crossbody.PNG
    118.5 KB · Views: 770
  • Michael Kors Jamie Large Suede Crossbody.PNG
    Michael Kors Jamie Large Suede Crossbody.PNG
    128.2 KB · Views: 838
I bought the large one about a month ago; it's gorgeous.

1de80df6-cb51-4ab5-be76-52b23738d984_zpst4cnr4ju.jpg

And for size perspective... Brahmin Westbrook, Jamie, Coach Legacy Patricia.

f7f8f8fc-abe2-4bf2-9474-158b42a4af61_zpsrcu3sz8i.jpg

I'm headed to my local MK store this weekend for a particular tote so I'll look for this one too and try to get some pics. Maybe even a mod shot! :smile:
Ooh that would be great!
I bought the large one about a month ago; it's gorgeous.

1de80df6-cb51-4ab5-be76-52b23738d984_zpst4cnr4ju.jpg

And for size perspective... Brahmin Westbrook, Jamie, Coach Legacy Patricia.

f7f8f8fc-abe2-4bf2-9474-158b42a4af61_zpsrcu3sz8i.jpg
Thank you for the comparison shot! I think the large is probably better for me. I'm just a little worried that it will look too big on me, like the large Coach Dakotah does. The regular Dakotah is fine though so if it looks like that, I'll be fine. I keep going back and forth trying to decide which color. In suede, I already have a dark brown Coach patchwork duffle and a Coach British tan vintage watermelon tote, so I sort of already have both colors, but they are totally different styles. Did you see both colors in the store?

Ooh that would be great!

Thank you for the comparison shot! I think the large is probably better for me. I'm just a little worried that it will look too big on me, like the large Coach Dakotah does. The regular Dakotah is fine though so if it looks like that, I'll be fine. I keep going back and forth trying to decide which color. In suede, I already have a dark brown Coach patchwork duffle and a Coach British tan vintage watermelon tote, so I sort of already have both colors, but they are totally different styles. Did you see both colors in the store?

I ordered from online and didn't see the colors before I ordered. I didn't want the dark brown in suede; I was thinking it might show lint, lol. It's a great bag and really gorgeous, but I will admit the big dogleash hardware clasp is kind of irritating.

I ordered from online and didn't see the colors before I ordered. I didn't want the dark brown in suede; I was thinking it might show lint, lol. It's a great bag and really gorgeous, but I will admit the big dogleash hardware clasp is kind of irritating.
I was worried about the dogleash clip being a little awkward. I didn't keep a vintage saddle pouch or a Dooney because it closed with buckle on the flap. I figure a dogleash has to be easier than that. It looks like you can just let it hang, without clasping it, if you want to. (Can you?) I'm worried that the dogleash will wear out the suede in that area. I think it looks much more interesting than the 2016 Coach saddle bag.

Initially I was drawn to the darker color because I like the richness of dark colors in suede. I have never had a lint problem with them. But now I'm pretty sure I'll get the lighter color since I think it is more different than what I already own. My BT Coach suede is very vintage and I don't carry it much. My dark brown suede duffle is something I use more often. So the coffee color would be a duplicate of that, and I think the caramel is quite different from BT, not as red.

Does the exclusive until October 31 mean it won't be available anywhere after then, or does it mean that it will then be available in department stores as well?

I don't want to get it and then find out I could have gotten it at a department store with a coupon, and I don't want to get it and then have them come out with colors I'd like better.

I was worried about the dogleash clip being a little awkward. I didn't keep a vintage saddle pouch or a Dooney because it closed with buckle on the flap. I figure a dogleash has to be easier than that. It looks like you can just let it hang, without clasping it, if you want to. (Can you?) I'm worried that the dogleash will wear out the suede in that area. I think it looks much more interesting than the 2016 Coach saddle bag.

Initially I was drawn to the darker color because I like the richness of dark colors in suede. I have never had a lint problem with them. But now I'm pretty sure I'll get the lighter color since I think it is more different than what I already own. My BT Coach suede is very vintage and I don't carry it much. My dark brown suede duffle is something I use more often. So the coffee color would be a duplicate of that, and I think the caramel is quite different from BT, not as red.

Does the exclusive until October 31 mean it won't be available anywhere after then, or does it mean that it will then be available in department stores as well?

I don't want to get it and then find out I could have gotten it at a department store with a coupon, and I don't want to get it and then have them come out with colors I'd like better.
No guarantees, but usually the exclusivity until October 31st means that it will only be available at MK in stores or online and nowhere else until that date. After that date, you should be able to find it in department stores. However, the department stores may have a different selection of colors than MK.

No guarantees, but usually the exclusivity until October 31st means that it will only be available at MK in stores or online and nowhere else until that date. After that date, you should be able to find it in department stores. However, the department stores may have a different selection of colors than MK.
Thanks! I'm debating on ordering it on October 31 so I have a month to see if it shows up somewhere else or in different colors.

Thanks! I'm debating on ordering it on October 31 so I have a month to see if it shows up somewhere else or in different colors.

That sounds like a great idea. I was reading through the Greenwich thread & someone said that the Greenwich was a MK exclusive (similar to what you posted about the Jamie). After a month the Greenwich was available at department stores, but not in all colors. Macy's usually gets all the MK styles. Oddly enough, Macy's gets some MK bags in colors that MK has never offered (aquamarine, anyone? ;)).

That sounds like a great idea. I was reading through the Greenwich thread & someone said that the Greenwich was a MK exclusive (similar to what you posted about the Jamie). After a month the Greenwich was available at department stores, but not in all colors. Macy's usually gets all the MK styles. Oddly enough, Macy's gets some MK bags in colors that MK has never offered (aquamarine, anyone? ;)).

I'm the one who posted in the Greenwich thread. :smile: You're right, sometimes the department store colors are completely different from the MK colors.

Yes, you can just let the dogleash hang, but it's kind of heavy (solid metal) and swings around a bit. I believe the bags will be available elsewhere in November. The caramel color is beautiful.

I love this bag and can imagine so many outfits with it. Very stylish!!! :smile:
Thanks. It's a gorgeous bag.

I'm headed to my local MK store this weekend for a particular tote so I'll look for this one too and try to get some pics. Maybe even a mod shot! :smile:

I know this is probably not that helpful, but here is a pic from my store. I didn't try them on because I was in a hurry (little guy sick at home). Both are beautiful!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1445206924.674204.jpg