It's Nice...but I Won't Get It

any of the bags from the FRESH collection

the $5k Wrath (I don't even think it's "nice" TBH!:P)

Cammie & Small MP (love the shape and look of the bag, but they're way too small)

MOST of the Patchwork bags (had a stam but wound up returning it) - leather's nice but not crazy 'bout the look

Rocker Stam

Any bag with fur or feathers

Patchwork: I am just not turned on by them. What can I say?

Carter line: The bags are way too fragile and I'm not in love enough with any of the styles to risk it.

Vintage Pom bags: :shrugs:

Lisa/Angela: I'm way too vein to carry a bag that functional. LOL

Memphis: They just don't look like handbags to me! I tried so many different times!

I totally forgot about a lot of lines until you ladies mentioned them!

Vortex: It's cool...but just rubs me the wrong way.
Paradise: I actually think this line is very classy, but somehow, I can't ever picture myself getting or wearing any of the bags in the line.

here is my contribution

1. MBMJ: love the line, the leather, but i am not sure about the lining. Something that turns me off everything i hold the bag.

2. Venetia: love the sophisticated look. Had one, but did not work out. Cann't stand the center belt

3. Stam: love the classic look, but too overexposed, too many fake around.

4. Small MP, Sophia: young casual looking but too small for my need

5.Key pouch. Had one, sold it, too small to fit anything

As much as I love them on other peeps, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not a stam girl. I also realize that I'm pretty basic when it comes to style, so anything with bold prints, tassels, etc. is probably out (this even applies to the Stardust line). The Venetia is a classic style that just doesn't do anything for me, and I've never felt drawn to anything from the Carter line, the Fresh line, the Palais Royal line, or the Memphis line (which I think is stunning but just not "me"). Small bags like the small MP and the Louise are just too tiny for me and I'm not much of a clutch gal, either. Anything with a tricky closure, such as the original small singles (with pushlock closures) and Selmas (with lobster clasps) are out, as are bags that don't fit on the shoulder. Sheesh! It's a wonder I ever find ANYTHING that works! :P

1. Groovee: Neither the regular or baby will work for me. I wish there was an in between size.
2. Venetia/Lola: Pretty bags, but the buckle will irritate me.
3. Stam: I love the Stam, just it is not for me. Maybe I need to try out the little Stam...
4. Sophia: I like the look, just not the divided compartments.
5. Memphis line: Beautiful works of art to look at, but it isn't me.

1) The multipocket--there are too many pockets to keep track of everything.
2) Palais Royal bags
3) The new classics. The proportions and styles of the old-school classics are perfection to me, and none of the new classics look right to me.

Not that it's stopped me from buying any of the bags from the last few years with goldtone hardware, but I'm dying for a return to the nickel hardware!

Stam - I love seeing the sexy Stams on others, but don't see myself carrying one. I have seriously considered a large Cecilia several seasons and may get one someday.

Venetia - Though I like the look, I'm not sure I would have the patience for that strap. I would probably miss not being able to wear it on my shoulder, too. So, I'm a Blake girl. ;)

Palais Royal - I have a Handy (?) wristlet but aside from one of the smaller bags, I couldn't see myself wearing these.

I admire the creativity some of the bags with more decorative flourishes, and the exotics (so hot!) but most just wouldn't work for me. I love and have a range of colors, but my bags tend toward the simpler styles. I did surprise myself though by really liking the mini studs for myself (!) on much of the Paradise line.

So far all I can think of is the Stam, I think it's a beautiful bag even though there are a ton of fakes of it, but the chain strap would end up bothering me and I would never want to spend the $$ on it for it to basically sit in a closet.

And anything with exotic skins, just not my style.

I love the shape of the Bruna so much, but for some reason have never taken to liking its big zipper opening. I don't do one handle hobo bags or slouchy bags very well at all, and every time I've tried to convince myself otherwise, it's never been wise. This would include MP and almost all MbMJ bags. The Kari is the hardest bag I've ever, ever seen to get in and out of, so that's a no go for me, as well.

Like most of you, I think the Memphis line is amazing, but just too busy for my already-busy wardrobe. (which is why I have far, far too many black bags. Can't get enough of them)

The more I use my Stams, honestly, the more I think (okay, KNOW) I will get another one of them. I have 2 now, one is patchwork, which I happen to be drawn to on certain bags. I still appreciate the beauty of bags that don't work for me and always pine away, wishing they would. :smile:

Last edited:
Most of the new seasons bags because I am still on my highly impossible quest of looking for the older seasons bags which seem to appeal to me more....at least I have one less to dream about.....thank you my bag angel:winkiss:

I have a Stam and the poor thing sits in my closet pretty much unused. She was an impulse buy from a friend and I just can't figure out what she goes with and when I do try her out the weight and chain bothers me. I haven't been able to part with her though. I like knowing she's around and I like looking at her on occasion, but that's as far as our relationship goes. There will never be another Stam in my life as they leave me somewhat unfulfilled. :cry: