Issues with Nolita logo (brand new bag)

paruparo

Live.Laugh.Love.
O.G.
Nov 16, 2009
good morning! I’ve been away from this subforum for a while now, but I bit the bullet and bought my 1st YSL in years.
This was from the Saint Laurent outlet in my city. Nolita in Small. I inspected this at the store when I purchased yesterday, and came home excited to use it this evening.
AsI do with all my bags, I condition them prior to first use. I used the same leather conditioner I have used for years on all my luxury bags (Chanel, Hermes, BV, etc).
I left my bag to dry for half an hour. And this is what it looked like... it almost seems like the glazing on the YSL logo chipped off... and dye came off the corners somewhat.
I contacted the wonderful SA that helped me out (haven’t heard back yet).
Is this the result of conditioning the leather?? It looked fine right after conditioning. But after half an hour, it’s like this. I am pretty unhappy with this, especially since I take very good care of my things and this is a brand new bag! Since I have been away from YsL for so long, I wanted to ask for input on this.
Any input Would be greatly appreciated! What Reasonable actions can I ask to be done? The tags are still attached and it’s completely unused.
1C646F91-A57D-42A3-87A1-1479ABD743ED.jpegD6724432-AA6C-43CC-98FE-6A67DF75BC93.jpegEF143DE4-7DC8-4D2E-B535-9A2093DCB1A1.jpegD6C01302-6BB5-4D1F-A9B9-6AB64E5F1F02.jpeg

Last edited:
good morning! I’ve been away from this subforum for a while now, but I bit the bullet and bought my 1st YSL in years.
This was from the Saint Laurent outlet in my city. Nolita in Small. I inspected this at the store when I purchased yesterday, and came home excited to use it this evening.
AsI do with all my bags, I condition them prior to first use. I used the same leather conditioner I have used for years on all my luxury bags (Chanel, Hermes, BV, etc).
I left my bag to dry for half an hour. And this is what it looked like... it almost seems like the glazing on the YSL logo chipped off... and dye came off the corners somewhat.
I contacted the wonderful SA that helped me out (haven’t heard back yet).
Is this the result of conditioning the leather?? It looked fine right after conditioning. But after half an hour, it’s like this. I am pretty unhappy with this, especially since I take very good care of my things and this is a brand new bag! Since I have been away from YsL for so long, I wanted to ask for input on this.
Any input Would be greatly appreciated! What Reasonable actions can I ask to be done? The tags are still attached and it’s completely unused.
View attachment 4852265View attachment 4852266View attachment 4852267View attachment 4852268
I don't think this type of leather requires conditioning when brand new. It almost seems like the conditioner you used was too strong and peeled off the top layers of this bag. It isn't a fault with the bag quality, but perhaps the chemicals used where not good for the bag. I hope the outlet can help you out because you were simply trying to protect you bag and this happened. I hope you can get a replacement. :smile:

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I don't think this type of leather requires conditioning when brand new. It almost seems like the conditioner you used was too strong and peeled off the top layers of this bag. It isn't a fault with the bag quality, but perhaps the chemicals used where not good for the bag. I hope the outlet can help you out because you were simply trying to protect you bag and this happened. I hope you can get a replacement. :smile:

thank you for taking the time to reply! I appreciate it! I have to admit, im a bit surprised (and disappointed) that with several hundred views, yours is the only response.
The wonderful SA allowed me an exchange after i explained what happened. I got a beautiful red one instead, and im definitely not conditioning this one!

thank you for taking the time to reply! I appreciate it! I have to admit, im a bit surprised (and disappointed) that with several hundred views, yours is the only response.
The wonderful SA allowed me an exchange after i explained what happened. I got a beautiful red one instead, and im definitely not conditioning this one!
No problem, always happy to help other members out! :smile: Yay congratulations on your new bag, i am glad the Sales Associate exchanged it for you. I would love to see your new bag :smile: