Is you Togo Birkin collapsing ?

I was told by the craftsman to store it standing up but stuffed with either tissue paper or the bubble pillows it comes with. I will put a folded up (clean) towel in mine in a pinch if I am in a hurry when coming in and don't wish to dig out the tissue paper. I've had mine for 1.5 years and while the sides are "softer" it has not collapsed like Clemence would.

I let mine lie down in the box. All my bags get to rest in their own boxes :P

To add one more thing, the togo will slouch only so far, you should use it with pleasure, and confidence, it is probably " broken in" already.
In the future, if firm bags are more appealing to you, I reccomend box calf, ostrich, or epsom leather.

I use a down travel pillow stuffed inside my HAC and then I store it in its sleeper inside my armoire. I'll probably get another down travel pillow for Goldy and store her this way as well. Seems to work really well.....

Mine has softened, not collapsed as well. I keep my stuffed with tissue though to help retain its shape. Togo has been around for some time...I've had mine since 2003 and it looks fine; however, I noticed that some earlier bags like mine have a tougher, more raised grain than my Vert Anis which I got this past year--it has a softer finer grain. The Vert Anis definitely seems a bit plusher and softer than my older Black one, but it's not collapsing like Clemence would.

Orchids- When you say that the clemence collapses- do you mean like it will lie down on the floor eventually when I put it down or do you mean that it will just not stand very tall (like more relaxed) when I put it down? Now I'm scared of this "collapsing" concept.