Is yellow gold making a comeback? Yay or nay?

Dang!!! That is lovely:drool:!!! You must be getting lots of compliments!!! Thanks for posting!!! Now Im obssessed with anything yellow LOL Yellow gold, yellow stones, yellow anything LOL!

Thank you! I do LOVE it! The next piece of gold I'm after is rose, I love how pinky/orange the 18K rose looks!

I think yellow gold is definitely coming back in to fashion (perhpas not in bridal settings, but in other jewelry). Rose gold is too. Cathy Waterman, Anthony Nak and other popular NY jewelers are using it again. I have to say, I've never tired of the look of a simple gold band as a wedding ring. When worn on its own, it looks so timeless and elegant to me (probably because my parents always wore gold bands, even though my mothers engagement ring was always platinum - which she wore on her other hand). I have a few yellow gold pieces and love them. When I want the look of a white metal, I stick with platinum. Are you thinking of buying a gold piece?

I think yellow gold is definitely coming back in to fashion (perhpas not in bridal settings, but in other jewelry). Rose gold is too. Cathy Waterman, Anthony Nak and other popular NY jewelers are using it again. I have to say, I've never tired of the look of a simple gold band as a wedding ring. When worn on its own, it looks so timeless and elegant to me (probably because my parents always wore gold bands, even though my mothers engagement ring was always platinum - which she wore on her other hand). I have a few yellow gold pieces and love them. When I want the look of a white metal, I stick with platinum. Are you thinking of buying a gold piece?
Im thinking of getting a pair of diamond hoop earrings in the near future and would prefer yellow gold. I mentioned in another thread how diamonds seem to pop when set in yellow gold.:graucho:

I don't think it was ever out. I think for some pieces, white gold or platinum is more popular and has been the past few years- i.e. wedding jewelry. But, for everyday jewelry, I think that it was always there. Actually, most rings w/ semi precious or precious stones I come across seem to be in yellow gold. Looking at my jewelry, of the many rings, necklaces and earrings I have, the only thing I have in white gold is one pair of diamond studs and one set of black pearl earrings. My other pair of diamond studs are champagne and are in yellow gold.

Since I got a gold watch, I've been wearing a lot more yellow gold these days. I see a lot of mixed colors, silver with gold, or platinum with gold or white and yellow gold together--I love that combo, too.

LOLA- that necklace is sooooooooo pretty! I love it :love:

I love pink/rose gold too. I wish I could wear it, but it totally completely disappears against my skin... :sad:

You know, rose gold kinda does that with me too, even yellow, so plat and white gold really looks best on me overall, I'm kinda olive skin toned and have yellow and peachy undertones, can't tell at all by my picture b/c it's a washed out camera phone shot in the car LOL....(I'm quite a darker skin toned Armenian that stays out of the sun now) but when I do the 18K the colors are more vibrant and pop a bit more......actually sometimes I like when the color disappears a bit too though.

it also all depends on location too. certain areas of the country dont even call it gold if its white...lol they refer to yellow as gold gold. but designer-wise, yellow and rose are very hot this season. so is the mixing and matching. but i always say wear what you like :smile:

I'm old enough to have seen gold in all colors come in and go out in fashion time and again. Same with Platinum. I have and wear all the colors/metals....and mix them up. Same with the hardware on my handbags:yes:

I'm a WG person, but I have to admit, I've been pulling out the YG on occasion since it's back in fashion. I think, though, the YG pieces I've seen are much bolder than the 80's delicate versions where YG was in awful herringbone chains (kink-o-rama), little cutesy charms, and the like. The classic YG is always in fashion.