Is this tory burch bag worth it or not?

Zahzah

Aug 16, 2011
Hi All

I'm looking for a not too expensive shoulder bag just to carry essentials when on holiday so for example wallet, phone, sunglasses and a few pieces of make up.
I was thinking about this tory burch bag.
However it seems that tory burch isn't a brand well known in England and when I asked my friends opinion they were like tory who? And said I should spend so much on a brand which no one has heard of. I think it is a cute chic bag and really afforadable.

What do you all think? Overpriced or ok?

http://www.toryburch.co.uk/robinson-adjustable-shoulder-bag/31149767.html?start=44&dwvar_31149767_color=001

Thanks in advance!

If I only purchased handbags my friends/family have heard of my collection would be truly limited. :lol:

TB is widely know here in the states (where I live their most popular items are their ballet flats/boots).

You should choose your bags independent of whether or not someone else likes it, or brand recognizes it. They aren't wearing it, you are. ;) You mentioned that you are looking for a cute bag that fits your essentials and the TB bag you posted fits that bill - plus you are drawn to it.

I happen to have two Tory Burch bags (neither in the style you posted) that I use alot and they have held up really well so I think the quality is good for the price. In the US, Tory Burch bags go on sale relatively often and I got both of mine at almost 50% off. Whether the bag you want is "worth it" at full price is really a judgment you have to make but I agree with the other poster who said the fact that the brand isn't well known in the UK shouldn't deter you.

Reactions: Sarsura86
It is a very pretty bag and Tory is a fairly well known brand in the USA. I have changed my bag buying habits from well known designers to buying beautifully handmade leather bags from small leather ateliers in Italy. I find the value much better and the bags are beautifully made and I can request changes and have it made specifically for me. I bought a very similar styled bag to the one you are looking at for around $330 dollars plus shipping which is about 219 British Pounds. The name of the brand is Massaccesi handbags. They have a website if you want to take a look as an alternative and perhaps have a bespoke handmade Italian leather bag. http://www.marcomassaccesi.it/en/

I am a very satisfied customer. Previously I owned some Balenciaga, Chanel and Mulberry handbags. I have gone away from high end name brand and now buy beautiful Italian handmade bags for a fraction of the price and in my opinion just as good.

I think they're overpriced as a contemporary brand. Quality isn't better than most other contemporary brands so I wouldn't pay full price.

I agree. They hold up reasonably well as my sister has one from several years ago she uses as a work bag in rotation. But the prices have gone up about 35-50% over the past couple years. I don't find them nice enough for the price. But on sale it could be a good option.

Rebecca Minkoff is headed in this direction as well.

I have one TB wallet and tote. Worth it all depends. I got mine from the boutique and it was a new color and new style that just came out. I loved the color and didn't mind that my 20% off would not work. It's a lovely bag. I just don't use totes anymore. Unless I am headed to the beach and for that I prefer my land end boat tote. :smile:

Also I keep seeing the Rebecca Minkoff version of this bag at Nordtrom Rack for around $150 give or take. You might want to look for that and hit your local equivalent.

It is a great looking bag too.

Thanks all for your response.
I have only just got into tory burch and think that for a contempory brand it is quite pricey!
Could you post the RM which is similar?

Thank you :smile:

Thanks all for your response.

I have only just got into tory burch and think that for a contempory brand it is quite pricey!

Could you post the RM which is similar?

Thank you :smile:

3 options for you!

New style, I haven't seen it in person but it looks cute:
http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/love-crossbody-black-1

This is the one I was thinking of:
http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/quilted-affair-1

If you want something more "edgy," I love this bag and the strap can be doubled, crossbodied or removed.
http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/m-a-c-clutch-black

Most of these also have a mini or jumbo size.

I have the MAC in an oxblood. It holds tons without being huge. iPad mini, scarf, and all my essentials fit (with a small wallet). Lost the scarf and a full size wallet fits with the iPad.

Just a quick tip, don't let the fact that nobody has heard of the brand stop you. Nobody in my family had heard of half the brands I own, my sister believes it stupid to buy bags that cost more than what you can get at H&M or Zara. I don't care at all and love the bags I have :smile:
So go ahead and do it for you. Find the bag you like, maybe wait for a sale and buy it, love it and use it all you want.
You are after all the person who is going to carry the bag, not your friend or family :smile:

Look at the Marion Book Bag - It has chain straps with the leather running through it, is very light - gorgeous pebbled leather and really nice quality. I just got one on sale at Nordstrom's for $265 - I really like it! That's the nice thing about Nordies - I simply printed out a picture of one I found on Amazon for that price and they matched the price. It's still full price at Niemans and Tory Burch. It's a great bag!

Tory.jpg

Last edited: