Is this normal? My hardware is turning black

okey! Just ordered it! I used som apple vinegar and hand soap, now it look likes this. Some few scratches..

Attachments

• IMG_1534.jpeg
    IMG_1534.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1533.jpeg
    IMG_1533.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1532.jpeg
    IMG_1532.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 163
Just so sad, it should not happen thinking about the price we pay. But i have been reading on it since last night, seems like a lot other have had the same issue. I live in a very cold country, so maybe it is the humidity in my room? How should you store your bags?

I don't mean to scare you (or cause offense) but did you get this bag from the store directly? I got a resale bag with this exact issue around the nail and, coupled with a few other red flags, I ultimately sent it back due to concerns of authenticity. I've never had this problem on any of my other bags. I'd be really interested if you or others who know for sure they have an authentic bag can state if this kind of tarnishing is a common issue.

Reactions: WhiteBus
My first Birkin back in 2022 by the turn those turned dark compared to the sangles.

I think in my case I tend to close the flap and put the sangles on to keep it “closed” so it may be rubbing leather via the four “dots”
IMG_9133.jpeg

It happens because of humidity...I bought a Birkin touch with rose gold hardware from the boutique and found it was tarnished a few weeks later. Used the polishing cloth and it was back to normal. Never had to use it again. Never happened on any of my other bags with palladium hardware.

i have stored by bags in my room which is connected to a bathroom. Do you think that maybe the humidity made in the bathroom can have tarnished mine hardware? Also the plastic has been on since 2021/2022