Is this normal- Classic Box in Natural Calfskin

Would you keep this one or exchange for the black?

• Keep the natural calfskin

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Exchange for the black

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

ekjr5

Apr 14, 2019
Hi!

This is my first post after being long time reader! I decided to purchase my dream bag after years of waiting. I went back and forth between the black and the natural calfskin. I ended up choosing the natural calfskin as I have quite a few black bags and only one in the tan color. When I received the bag I noticed that it had a bit of streaking on the front- the sales associate said this is normal with this type of leather. I noticed that the side of the bag seemed a bit wrinkled- the SA said that this would happen over time with all of the classic boxes do to the accordion style construction of the bag. There was one other one in the store in the natural calfskin and it was even more wrinkled on the side. I didn't notice any of the other colors having this on the side. Has this happened to any of your Classic Box's over time? Would you be okay if the bag looked like this on the side? For such a steep price point I would like it to be perfect when I first receive it- I know that it will definitely get scratched later on though :smile: Luckily I am able to exchange it for a black one or a different color. Thank you!!

IMG_8622.jpg
IMG_8626.jpg

Reactions: Sophia
Hey dear. What a beautiful bag! The majority of my Céline collection are all in Natural Calfskin and I LOVE the streaking.

I have this exact bag and I would recommend you to exchange it. The wrinkling on Natural Calfskin is normal, but usually larger bags near the base where the bag sits. It is a bit abnormal for the leather to wrinkle so much on the sides of the Classic.

Reactions: Alana C
Hi!

This is my first post after being long time reader! I decided to purchase my dream bag after years of waiting. I went back and forth between the black and the natural calfskin. I ended up choosing the natural calfskin as I have quite a few black bags and only one in the tan color. When I received the bag I noticed that it had a bit of streaking on the front- the sales associate said this is normal with this type of leather. I noticed that the side of the bag seemed a bit wrinkled- the SA said that this would happen over time with all of the classic boxes do to the accordion style construction of the bag. There was one other one in the store in the natural calfskin and it was even more wrinkled on the side. I didn't notice any of the other colors having this on the side. Has this happened to any of your Classic Box's over time? Would you be okay if the bag looked like this on the side? For such a steep price point I would like it to be perfect when I first receive it- I know that it will definitely get scratched later on though :smile: Luckily I am able to exchange it for a black one or a different color. Thank you!!

View attachment 4403616
View attachment 4403625

My natural calfskin box doesn’t have such pronounced wrinkles on the sides. I got my bag last month btw.

Attachments

• 41B732EA-1A2F-4DB5-9B19-1EF38F191E38.jpeg
    41B732EA-1A2F-4DB5-9B19-1EF38F191E38.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 60E198CA-ACC6-478C-B207-574A2AA74348.jpeg
    60E198CA-ACC6-478C-B207-574A2AA74348.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 419
Hi everyone!
Like ekjr5 I have also been following Purseblog for a long time! I purchased a Celine Classic Medium in Tan Calfskin on sale last night through a trusted authentic dealer online. This morning, prior to shipping me the bag, the SA sent me the attached images showing a few scratches on the bag and asked if I would like to go ahead with my purchase. I originally thought the bag was pre-loved instead of being brand new (given the amount of scratches and discoloration) but the SA assured me they only sell brand new bags. She explained that she understands my concerns and asked me to visit the store tomorrow to inspect the bag before confirming if I want to go ahead with the purchase. Unfortunately it is the only one they have in stock so it's a take it or leave it situation. I really like the tan color but am hesitant due to the amount of imperfections... Would really appreciate everyone's input on whether these blemishes are usual for this leather? Thank you all in advance!!

Attachments

• IMG_7635.jpeg
    IMG_7635.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_7634.jpeg
    IMG_7634.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_7636.jpeg
    IMG_7636.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 260
This is normal for natural calf and in fact, I would say that it’s the beauty of this type of leather. Those scratches will evolve over time adding to its patina. The “discoloration” is not flaw, but the natural grain of the skin. Natural calf is not intended to be kept spotless. If you want to keep a bag in pristine condition, this may not the bag for you.

Hi everyone!
Like ekjr5 I have also been following Purseblog for a long time! I purchased a Celine Classic Medium in Tan Calfskin on sale last night through a trusted authentic dealer online. This morning, prior to shipping me the bag, the SA sent me the attached images showing a few scratches on the bag and asked if I would like to go ahead with my purchase. I originally thought the bag was pre-loved instead of being brand new (given the amount of scratches and discoloration) but the SA assured me they only sell brand new bags. She explained that she understands my concerns and asked me to visit the store tomorrow to inspect the bag before confirming if I want to go ahead with the purchase. Unfortunately it is the only one they have in stock so it's a take it or leave it situation. I really like the tan color but am hesitant due to the amount of imperfections... Would really appreciate everyone's input on whether these blemishes are usual for this leather? Thank you all in advance!!
I have the same bag but mine does not have such severe marks and scratches. Will try to post a picture later.