"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

out of interest - would you have accepted it? Part of me thinks I'm being fussy but the corner really annoyed me at first, it's the most noticable in the light.
I once returned a bag because of sewing machine dents, but got a bag with a chunk of the leather missing, like a permanent dent. Then I missed the first bag, but decided not to have any of them. It all depends on how much you want the bag and if there is any other options. I prefer to look at them in the store and compare maybe 2-3 of them together. None of them are perfect maybe, but some flaws you can live with. I dont think this issues are that bad with your bag, but if another bag had no imperfections I would rather have that one.

I once returned a bag because of sewing machine dents, but got a bag with a chunk of the leather missing, like a permanent dent. Then I missed the first bag, but decided not to have any of them. It all depends on how much you want the bag and if there is any other options. I prefer to look at them in the store and compare maybe 2-3 of them together. None of them are perfect maybe, but some flaws you can live with. I dont think this issues are that bad with your bag, but if another bag had no imperfections I would rather have that one.
Thank you that’s good to know. Fingers crossed my second one is better!

Reactions: castortroy666
Thank you that’s good to know. Fingers crossed my second one is better!
Your welcome! The long scratch may be superficial, maybe it can be removed with leather conditioner. I have removed similar scratches on brand new bags like that with conditioner.

Sometimes I feel there are too many faults with these LV bags, are 20 dollar Walmart bags better assembled? :lol: I have learned to accept a lot of "flaws" with this brand but sometimes it can be annoying.

I was able to purchase an Alma BB right before the price increase last week. The one in store had terrible scratches on the feet so my SA offered to get me another one. Today I went in to pick it up and this one has scratches on the feet and parts of the feet look worn to the point where the gold color has rubbed off..in addition there are a couple of noticeable red stitches. Is this normal for the Alma Bb? I’ve never seen this on any of my other LV items..no scratched/worn hardware or odd stitching.

Attachments

• 40B9E3E5-65AF-40BF-A9C5-7C656CE582AE.jpeg
    40B9E3E5-65AF-40BF-A9C5-7C656CE582AE.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 5FD7551B-10CB-4E2A-9293-B84A5386B49D.jpeg
    5FD7551B-10CB-4E2A-9293-B84A5386B49D.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: am1ly
I just bought my LV bumbag yesterday, took it out to get ready for work tomorrow, and I see that one of the stitchings is ripped. As well, the scarf I bought must have gone through a lot of hands, as the end thread is also snagged. I'm super bummed at their quality, as well as that the SA didn't ask me to double check the product, or notice these features.

View attachment 5213425

View attachment 5213426
This happened to my strap on the speedy b 3o when I first got it. I ended up taking it into the store and they repaired it on the spot. Bummer that I had to take in a brand new bag.

Reactions: Loriad and am1ly
Hello!

I don’t speak English well, but I hope you understand me. I need help.

I got my first NF bag. Everything is awesome, except for one thing that bothers me a bit. :blush:lv2.jpgnv1.jpg
The places where the handles are attached to the bag are not symmetrical on either side of the bag. The picture shows.

Thanks a lot! :love:

I was able to purchase an Alma BB right before the price increase last week. The one in store had terrible scratches on the feet so my SA offered to get me another one. Today I went in to pick it up and this one has scratches on the feet and parts of the feet look worn to the point where the gold color has rubbed off..in addition there are a couple of noticeable red stitches. Is this normal for the Alma Bb? I’ve never seen this on any of my other LV items..no scratched/worn hardware or odd stitching.

Definitely not acceptable. I’ve had brand new items with extremely light hairline scratches on the hardware, which I’ve accepted, but really that isn’t right either. I don’t know why they don’t just leave the blue protective plastic on. It is rare to get that here in the UK, in my experience. Maybe it’s not supposed to be left on and it interferes with their “luxury” image, but what is most definitely not luxurious is receiving a brand new bag that you’ve just paid thousands for, in some cases, that’s full of scratches. Just ridiculous.

The red coming through at the stitching is another thing entirely. I thought the shoddy quality was limited to their Christmas pieces but evidently not. That’s really, really poor. I would not hesitate for a second to return it. Sorry you’ve had a second bad item from them. Hope it’s third time lucky for you, if you decide to try again.

Hello!

I got my first NF bag. Everything is awesome, except for one thing that bothers me a bit. :blush:View attachment 5215913View attachment 5215912
The places where the handles are attached to the bag are not symmetrical on either side of the bag. The picture shows.

I think it looks fine!

Hello!

I got my first NF bag. Everything is awesome, except for one thing that bothers me a bit. :blush:View attachment 5215913View attachment 5215912

Your English is great! I think the bag looks fine. If that's the only problem, I would keep it!

• Thanks
Reactions: janetaz and Nyks
Any idea what this may be? I’ve had this bag for two weeks and have only carried it twice. I just noticed the white stuff on the treated leather (it appears to be adhesive in nature), perhaps it’s glue? If so, any ideas how to remove it safely?
Additionally, there seems to be a scratch in the canvas, would this bother you? The bag was MIF and I’m hesistant on returning it.
TIAView attachment 5216315View attachment 5216316

Any idea what this may be? I’ve had this bag for two weeks and have only carried it twice. I just noticed the white stuff on the treated leather (it appears to be adhesive in nature), perhaps it’s glue? If so, any ideas how to remove it safely?
Additionally, there seems to be a scratch in the canvas, would this bother you? The bag was MIF and I’m hesistant on returning it.
TIAView attachment 5216315View attachment 5216316
The first picture looks like glue, it will come off naturally or just brush it off with your finger.The other picture might be residue as well, but hard to tell. have you tried to wipe it with a damp cloth?