Is this bag too orange? What is a great everyday bag?

I have been debating whether to keep this Gucci horsebit boston bag in mandarin from last season for which I have the matching wallet. I think it is a good size for everyday use, and it looks classy. I also thought it may be more classic than, say, something like the spy, which is pretty trendy. I also got the bag on sale for $783, and the wallet $250. However I am beginning to wonder whether it is too orange. I have some pics below, including some pics of it next to a honey Fendi spy bag that I am selling and a coach kakhi soho bag I am also selling. What do you think? Too orange? If so, what is a great classy everyday bag that matches anything and can fit a water bottle, cardigan, etc. that is somewhat timeless and elegant & sexy? I like the spy, but I am looking for something more timeless and perhaps also more structured. Should I get the YSL muse? Thanks!

P1010080.JPG

P1010084.JPG

P1010085.JPG

P1010087.JPG

P1010089.JPG

The style isn't so much for me, but I love the color, very warm. I like all things russet, warm brown, and brick colored, and I'm drawn to orange colors.

It just depends on what color palette you are drawn to!

youngprof said:
The style isn't so much for me, but I love the color, very warm. I like all things russet, warm brown, and brick colored, and I'm drawn to orange colors.

It just depends on what color palette you are drawn to!

I think I would prefer the color if it was a little more like the Fendi. I have been wondering however if I would not be better off with a more "IT" bag and paying a little more, like the muse. However I am beginning to find that "IT" status may not last that long anyway with any handbag!

I think your bag is lovely. If you really want something different why not consider a Gucci hobo? Here is one in black but it comes in several colors. It is a classic and I'm sure it holds quite a bit.

This Gucci is also nice.

Here's another one.

or this one.

Check out www.gucci.com
there are a lot of nice bags to choose from. I have the Jackie bag that I use quite a lot, but it may be too small for your needs.

it's a nice bag! but if you are having doubts about the color then i would find something else you love. i really like the horsebit hobo (number 4) that kat posted.

I actually do think it's more on the orange side. I do love orange - but if you wanted a camel or honey color, this would not be your bag.

If you're having doubts, you should return it while you still can.