Is this bag too orange? What is a great everyday bag?

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I have been debating whether to keep this Gucci horsebit boston bag in mandarin from last season for which I have the matching wallet. I think it is a good size for everyday use, and it looks classy. I also thought it may be more classic than, say, something like the spy, which is pretty trendy. I also got the bag on sale for $783, and the wallet $250. However I am beginning to wonder whether it is too orange. I have some pics below, including some pics of it next to a honey Fendi spy bag that I am selling and a coach kakhi soho bag I am also selling. What do you think? Too orange? If so, what is a great classy everyday bag that matches anything and can fit a water bottle, cardigan, etc. that is somewhat timeless and elegant & sexy? I like the spy, but I am looking for something more timeless and perhaps also more structured. Should I get the YSL muse? Thanks!

P1010080.JPG

P1010084.JPG

P1010085.JPG

P1010087.JPG

P1010089.JPG

2. P1010092.JPG

P1010093.JPG

P1010094.JPG

3. I think the color is beautiful! I love warm shades like that.

4. The style isn't so much for me, but I love the color, very warm. I like all things russet, warm brown, and brick colored, and I'm drawn to orange colors.

It just depends on what color palette you are drawn to!

5. I think I would prefer the color if it was a little more like the Fendi. I have been wondering however if I would not be better off with a more "IT" bag and paying a little more, like the muse. However I am beginning to find that "IT" status may not last that long anyway with any handbag!

6. I think your bag is lovely. If you really want something different why not consider a Gucci hobo? Here is one in black but it comes in several colors. It is a classic and I'm sure it holds quite a bit.
    [​IMG]

This Gucci is also nice.
    [​IMG]

Here's another one.
    [​IMG]

or this one.
    [​IMG]

Check out www.gucci.com
    there are a lot of nice bags to choose from. I have the Jackie bag that I use quite a lot, but it may be too small for your needs.

7. I think it's a bit too orangy to match w/many colors. I like the 3rd and the 4th gucci Kat posted above.

8. it's a nice bag! but if you are having doubts about the color then i would find something else you love. i really like the horsebit hobo (number 4) that kat posted.

9. I actually do think it's more on the orange side. I do love orange - but if you wanted a camel or honey color, this would not be your bag.

If you're having doubts, you should return it while you still can.

10. I think it is almost the same colour as the spy but I like it much better. It's a beautiful bag and I would rather sell the spy than the gucci.

11. IMO that color goes with everything. I have a paddy in that color (whiskey).

12. It's not too orange. It could work!

13. i also agree. it is more on the orangy side. perhaps challenging to match with outfits?