Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

I agree. I think I'll wait until it arrives and decide to see it for myself. I'm really hoping it's the angle because if not, it might be the worst quality control of misaligned quilts I've ever seen if these pics are accurate.

Hi, just picked up my First Chanel bag last week. I was super excited and have yet to remove tags or stickers, but took it out to gawk over yesterday. I first noticed some rainbow tone on the hardware which holds the straps (picture inserted). Only I would notice this so I wasn't sure if it was reason for concern. Then, I noticed that the top flap is slightly uneven! It's a little hard to see especially with shiny coating but I measured and the right side is just slightly longer than the left, and slightly less curved. I was shown two of these exact bags in store and noticed the first one was bent, and the second was extremely uneven so I grabbed this one as it was their last one and new in box. Now that I have noticed the flaw its all I can see, but I am not sure if the other two I saw reflect the condition of Chanel's quality. I've seen many other uneven bags but I also fear having to order an exchange without inspecting and receiving something I am less happy with.

crooked chanel.png

hardware.png

Last edited:
Dear all, I understand this thread is mainly about bags but I thought I could ask about my new earrings. Did anyone of you had stamps on your jewellery which are VERY hard to read? I have so many items but stamps do not have a single standard: sometimes they are crisp clear embossed, sometimes lasered, but fonts may change etc.
I am attaching pics of the earrings in question and another pair I have which also has a similar problem but not as bad (almost impossible to work out "Made In France" engraving).
3.jpeg3.jpeg2.jpeg1.jpegScreenshot 2021-02-03 at 9.47.57 PM.png

Yes I just received it about 20 mins ago and it’s perfect! But I find it weird that this tag which I’ve never seen before says 21C? I thought classics were 00V or rev? And it also looks like this tag was printed out or something?

1C9B6F6C-B431-4836-AE04-6FDF21FACECD.jpeg
306256B3-AEEF-4D22-9D4C-6DEDE7BD1685.jpeg

I purchased this bag from the boutique, after my first one (same style) had an issue with the stitching. However, the front/top flap seem dull to me, while the sides are very shiny. Is this normal? It’s meant to be crumpled calfskin, but I keep feeling like it looks matte. Thoughts?

View attachment 4967557

View attachment 4967558

View attachment 4967559

View attachment 4967560

I see your concern, the front is definetly more matt than the sides. it is a stunnning bag... how long is the chain on this, can it be worn cross body?

You need to take all the stuffing out of the bag (and the felt) because it’s hard to tell. The flap won’t be straight if those things are still in/on the bag.

No stuffing. I added the felt because the shine is kind of distracting but I did mean to post a picture without it. The issue is on the top as the side quilting is a little off as well. Its something I believe/hope most people wouldn't notice but now that I've seen it I can't unsee. I'm not sure if its common for these to be perfect or not so I'm conflicted.

vhsnel .png

Last edited:
No stuffing. I added the felt because the shine is kind of distracting but I did mean to post a picture without it. The issue is on the top as the side quilting is a little off as well. Its something I believe/hope most people wouldn't notice but now that I've seen it I can't unsee. I'm not sure if these are ever really perfect or not so I'm conflicted.

View attachment 4979506
Honestly I don’t think this is noticeable at all and I’m so picky. I’ve been buying classic flaps for about 15 years so I’ve looked at many of them over the years and I’ve seen ones with really slanted flaps. Most that I have come across have slightly crooked ones. If you wait to get another one it’s unlikely it will be much better and then there might be something else wrong with it, which is normally the case!

Thank you, I'm super nervous about it being hard to photograph and someone asking me why I bought a crooked bag, but I do feel the sheen will draw the majority of anyones attention. My fear was that another one would be worse especially after seeing the two they first showed me in store (shockingly wonky!!), so knowing you feel the same way makes me feel very reassured and much more hesitant to bring it back. Just purchased last week so the perfectionist inside me is still deciding but feedback really helps a lot! Thank you once again!

Thank you, I'm super nervous about it being hard to photograph and someone asking me why I bought a crooked bag, but I do feel the sheen will draw the majority of anyones attention. My fear was that another one would be worse especially after seeing the two they first showed me in store (shockingly wonky!!), so knowing you feel the same way makes me feel very reassured and much more hesitant to bring it back. Just purchased last week so the perfectionist inside me is still deciding but feedback really helps a lot! Thank you once again!
No problem. If you are happy with everything else then don’t exchange it. Also it’s worth noting that when you put things in the bag the flap can look slanted anyway, for example if there are more things on one side of the bag than the other. I have seen some really obvious examples of slanted flaps and they were way more obvious than yours. A lot of jumbos are like that. Most normal flaps look like yours.