Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Sorry to hear about that :sad:
I had the same issue with a chanel I got recently. Was contemplating whether I should tell the SA, but it kept bothering me. So I reached out to the SA and she exchanged the bag.
In the past, I had another chanel that needed to be repaired as I couldn't exchange it since it was the last one in the company. They will repair the bag for you, just be prepared to wait a long time. I waited 2-3 months but it was stitching/tear issue, so maybe that's why it took so long. I believe yours wouldn't take as long but you never know. Nordstrom has very good customer service, so I'd advise you to take lots of pictures of your bag ( I did just in case I got a different bag or if they caused damage during repair) and call the SA who sold it to you to arrange a repair. Hope it all works out!!

Reactions: Myybags
Thank you! I'll text a photo to the SA and see what she says. I'm OK with not having it for 3 months (although those would be the three months without rain in Seattle) if when I got it back it was perfect to me!

Hi all,

This is my new mini and I noticed the left side of the lining kinda “curled up” when I open the flap. The right side looks normal. The wider I open the flap, the lining pulled tighter at the same time. Is it normal ? I took it to chanel and they told me maybe it has something to do with how I wear the bag. I disagreed. I used it less than 2 times. Please let me know if your same case ever happened to any of your mini flap?

Many thanks. FE583849-CDBB-4AE1-98C5-922701059A5F.jpg4AF07F6F-081D-4BCC-8A58-EECFF231F5CB.jpg

I have the same mini (yours is the patent crumpled calfskin from this season right?) and I’ve noticed that compared to my caviar leather mini, the sides of this mini are “softer” and more prone to misshaping. Is that what you mean? I don’t think it’s a defect though, more just a function of this patent leather treatment?

I have the same mini (yours is the patent crumpled calfskin from this season right?) and I’ve noticed that compared to my caviar leather mini, the sides of this mini are “softer” and more prone to misshaping. Is that what you mean? I don’t think it’s a defect though, more just a function of this patent leather treatment?

Thanks. I should take a better pic before I send it to chanel. They told me that is not something they can fix and offered me to swap to other bags. But I really want a mini. IMG_5583.jpg

I took a look at mine (mine’s black rather than gold but it’s the same leather) and I think I know what you mean. Actually mine wrinkles on both sides. I believe it’s because the inside leather lining is loose (not fixed) so not flush which leads it to “curl”. Here is what mine look like:

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

I took a look at mine (mine’s black rather than gold but it’s the same leather) and I think I know what you mean. Actually mine wrinkles on both sides. I believe it’s because the inside leather lining is loose (not fixed) so not flush which leads it to “curl”. Here is what mine look like:

View attachment 4073482

View attachment 4073484

Thanks for your pic. I wonder if this issue only happens on this kind of leather. I have lambskin and caviar mini square and no such problem at all. And never happen on my medium or jumbo flap.

Hi, I've been thinking about getting a boy bag for a while and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a small (vs. old medium).

I've tried a few on in stores and I'm not sure if it's only in pictures, but I've noticed that the three horizontal rows on the bottom 'trim' don't always seem straight? In the picture below, it looks like they curve up into the logo. Could this be because the logo is sewn on too tight? I don't remember noticing this issue in person; and the issue is, I haven't been able to find a black caviar in person, so I'll likely need to buy with pictures..

Calling all boy bag owners - is this how your bag looks in person?

Attachments

• IMG_9836.jpg
    IMG_9836.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_9836.jpg
    IMG_9836.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 659
I have 4 Boy bags, and none of them look like that.....I’ve never received any Boy pics from SAs that look like that, either. It looks a little weird, IMO....like the clasp is attached too tightly.