Is This a Case of Buyer Beware?

I was shocked to see who sold you the bag. Shes on a list of sellers I trust. I will be skeptical to buy from her in the future as that auction was quite shady and sneaky in my opinion. The marks are more than slight discolorations in my book. It leaves a lot open to interpretation. I would have mentioned the tabs if I were selling the bag. It comes across as dishonest that she did not picture the stains or specifically tell you about them. I don't mean to rain on your parade but for $500, the bag should have been in better condition. (And believe me, I've done months of ebay research as I had wanted to buy a used speedy 30).

However, if you look on the bright side... at least the bag is authentic and not a fake. I would not leave negative simply because I would not want retaliation, maybe you can work something out with the seller. I would want to return the bag but that is just me. If you decide to keep it, I would try makeup remover wipes and see if it helps. Nothing to lose in trying right?

She has agreed to a refund, less the shipping.

Definitely agree that $500 was way too much for so many water stains. If they didn't have them I would have been happy because the inside of the bag is in excellent shape, the handles aren't dirty, the patina is pretty. If you look at the pictures, the bag looks good. I will be on the look out for another Speedy. Thx!

Ok, I just wrote her:
Dear Misti,
After some consideration,advice from the eBay Discussion Boards and the LV Purse form, I do not want a store credit but a full refund, including shipping. I have been told that the photos and description are significantly different than the real item and only a refund would be acceptable. It would have been very easy for you to photograph the marks and mention them in the description. As a MPRS I would hope you would take pride in gaining that recommendation and stand by your reputation.

Thank you,

This is the first bad experience I've had with eBay. I will file a SNAD and with Paypal. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

And I would NOT leave positive feedback. this is not a positive situation.

good for you...the water damage was unacceptable...and the other vendor who sold a nicer speedy for 400 sounds much more reasonable...I have no clue what the reasle on a good condition speedy is but, when you mentioned 499 dollars I was like wow that is not far off of retail and it has been previously enjoyed...the price IMO was too high...I personal think a good condition speedy should go for no more than 400 dollars...what do other people think? do some research...good luck girlfriend!!!!

good for you...the water damage was unacceptable...and the other vendor who sold a nicer speedy for 400 sounds much more reasonable...I have no clue what the reasle on a good condition speedy is but, when you mentioned 499 dollars I was like wow that is not far off of retail and it has been previously enjoyed...the price IMO was too high...I personal think a good condition speedy should go for no more than 400 dollars...what do other people think? do some research...good luck girlfriend!!!!

Thanks! Actually the price was $475 plus $25 for shipping. I was willing to pay a little more because it was made in France but next time I will be much more cautious!

i'm sorry about your negative experience but I'm really happy that you're getting a refund 475 was a bit too much for that watermarked speedy:yucky:

Oh JoJo-- I really wish I knew that before I bid! Her feedback is 100% and she's a MPRS! How could that be??!
I am so sorry..unfortunately there's no specific place in here where you can list shoddy/deceitful/fake sellers in tPF. It may be due to the fact that this is an open board. I am not sure. However, I remember warning about a couple of sellers in the past (including Trendymom) in the Authenticate This thread.

I knew you were going to get a refund but I also knew she wouldn't have refunded your shipping. I think that is just crazy. I hate it when sellers do this sort of crap. It's their fault that you have to retun the item but yet they are making YOU pay for it. She looses nothing out of her mistake (except for the added bad rep). All she's going to do is relist the bag at perhaps the same price or maybe a bit lower...she might not even update the pics or mention the "flaws."

Socialite said:
I think dishonest selling techniques should get her thrown off MPRS.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. As I mentioned before she was banned for selling fakes. Not in one occassion, but in TWO (and this is what I know for sure about...God knows how many more she sold unaware to us). Angie was notified of the fact but lo and behold madam is still a MPRS.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against Misti personally except for the fact that she like many other dishonest sellers pisses me off
disgust1.gif
But this just go to show that MPRS is no longer about what they were originally based upon. There are quite a few bad/dishonest MPRS sellers out there. And while the number of the good still surpasses those of the bad, the amount of bad is unacceptable in that type of business. Ok...rant off
ranton.gif

JoJo-- Thanks for your message. It's too bad that being rated a MPRS is really being diluted. I will no longer take this as an automatic approval and will ask this board about all sellers.

I am probably going to give her a negative and tarnish her 100% feedback. I know she give me one in turn but my overall score is perfect so I will take that hit. Thx again.

I am so sorry..unfortunately there's no specific place in here where you can list shoddy/deceitful/fake sellers in tPF. It may be due to the fact that this is an open board. I am not sure. However, I remember warning about a couple of sellers in the past (including Trendymom) in the Authenticate This thread.

I knew you were going to get a refund but I also knew she wouldn't have refunded your shipping. I think that is just crazy. I hate it when sellers do this sort of crap. It's their fault that you have to retun the item but yet they are making YOU pay for it. She looses nothing out of her mistake (except for the added bad rep). All she's going to do is relist the bag at perhaps the same price or maybe a bit lower...she might not even update the pics or mention the "flaws."

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. As I mentioned before she was banned for selling fakes. Not in one occassion, but in TWO (and this is what I know for sure about...God knows how many more she sold unaware to us). Angie was notified of the fact but lo and behold madam is still a MPRS.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against Misti personally except for the fact that she like many other dishonest sellers pisses me off
disgust1.gif
But this just go to show that MPRS is no longer about what they were originally based upon. There are quite a few bad/dishonest MPRS sellers out there. And while the number of the good still surpasses those of the bad, the amount of bad is unacceptable in that type of business. Ok...rant off
ranton.gif

OMG..I can't believe this..I wonder if MPRS pays some kind of fees to be MPRS and monthly fees. This is so unacceptable!! One thing I know for sure I won't even watch her items anymore.