Is there anybody else who cant seem to break out of "neutrals"?

So far, I've been playing it safe with Noir, Etoupe, Rouge H, and Rose Dragee. And unfortunatly my next bags will be unexciting in the color spectrum as well.

But if I had money to burn, I would also obtain cyclamen suede and possible saffron croc!

I wish there was some way I could rent a blue jean birkin bag. (Yeah, me and everybody else).

jedimaster, blue jean, as most here would agree is a stunning shade.

But....I bought into the idea that it would "go with everything" including denim, purchased a lovely BJ Bolide and found I didn't have a thing to wear with it:sad:!

It did NOT work with my denim.....no way was the BJ Clemence anywhere near the color of my denims nor did it even blend in with it. Nothing I had looked right with this poor beautiful Bolide.

BUT, my Thalassa Blue bag works with so many colors. IT has become my stable non bright "bright!" It's dark enough to wear with reds, browns, denim....colors that just didn't "go with" the Blue Jean and colorful enough to wear with just about anything else. I keep asking myself WHY Hermes discontinued this shade in the handbags? Then, I heard that it is available again. Could this be correct?

Funny thing is, I see pics of others and their Blue Jean bags and they look great together. Makes me wonder.....why I'm not compatable with BJ:confused1:

eventually i would love to get a size 30 birkin, i was talking with my store manager about which color. he said, "please please get some color!" (i was thinking etoupe). maybe something blue...

eventually i would love to get a size 30 birkin, i was talking with my store manager about which color. he said, "please please get some color!" (i was thinking etoupe). maybe something blue...

pigleto, why would your Store manager say that.....as opposed to Etoupe???

I just felt that your bag shade is YOUR choice....

I feel the same way about blue jean on others. It looks great especially in pictures on this forum.
My SA has been talking to me about blue jean too. But so far I have not fallen for this shade. I passed on a blue jean Kelly several months ago and can't say I have regretted it. (Same problem with you -isus - it seems there isn't anything in my closet that would look great with it even though I wear jeans all the time.) Etoupe, however, I am now wondering about, if I made a mistake not snapping it up then.

As much as I admire, drool over and even occasionally covet bags in Blue Jean, Vert Anis and Potiron, realistically, I KNOW it would never work for me. I'd feel way too self-conscious and conspicuous carrying around something in such a bright color (must be the New Yorker in me). So I've stuck with the neutrals - naturel/gold, chocolate, black and Rouge H, which is about as *colorful* as I'm willing to get. And since those colors work well with my wardrobe, gotta be practical, too ;)

BUT, I have no problem with buying *H* scarves in some of the brightest colorways.

I seem to deliberate endlessly over taking the plunge into a blue jean bag... but I seem to find myself stuck in a quagmire of black, gold, brown - the so called "true neutrals" (absense of color in the traditional sense) as opposed to the "pseudo neutrals" (blue jean, red, orange - the colors that function like neutrals in that they go with a lot of other colors). Maybe its okay to be lodged in that "neutral comfort zone"? Anybody else here with me?

I am the opposite--trying to break into neutrals. I do have a gold and a chocolate Birkin--but no black Hermes bags, and a LOT of color. I am thinking about etoupe but read that whole thread about etoupe for cool blondes, etc. and I am confused. I'm blonde and fair but not sure if I'm cool....

me too black and one cognac ostrich
and thats the way it will have to stay , I mean you can only wear one bag at a time, and on my budget I think I am really lucky to have those

Weird because I use my black box kelly all the time, but the ostrich rarely think its called country living

ho hum

I am the opposite--trying to break into neutrals. I do have a gold and a chocolate Birkin--but no black Hermes bags, and a LOT of color. I am thinking about etoupe but read that whole thread about etoupe for cool blondes, etc. and I am confused. I'm blonde and fair but not sure if I'm cool....

Hey pampered1, here's an easy way to check if your skin is cool or warm toned:
Take a WHITE piece of material or clothing and a CREAM piece of material or clothing. It only needs to be slightly creamy or "warm." In daylight, hold each of them up to your face under the chin. You should be able to see (doh! You'll obviously need a mirror too) that one makes you look more glowing & healthy than the other. If you're not 100% sure, ask a friend to help you. My DH is always a help to me with scarves. When i try warm toned ones he tends to say "meh," but every time I wear a white scarf he says it's flattering. HTH!

Hey pampered1, here's an easy way to check if your skin is cool or warm toned:
Take a WHITE piece of material or clothing and a CREAM piece of material or clothing. It only needs to be slightly creamy or "warm." In daylight, hold each of them up to your face under the chin. You should be able to see (doh! You'll obviously need a mirror too) that one makes you look more glowing & healthy than the other. If you're not 100% sure, ask a friend to help you. My DH is always a help to me with scarves. When i try warm toned ones he tends to say "meh," but every time I wear a white scarf he says it's flattering. HTH!

Well, I think I look better in a pure white blouse rather than a cream or beige one. So, does that make me cool? Thanks.

pigleto, why would your Store manager say that.....as opposed to Etoupe???

I just felt that your bag shade is YOUR choice....

oooh, i dunno, isus, he was giving me some advice is all, i think. i guess if i really wanted etoupe he'd order one but as it stands, i'm still doggone confused about what color to get! i guess i'll just wait to do some more research on the matter! :yes:

I wish there was some way I could rent a blue jean birkin bag. (Yeah, me and everybody else).

Jedimaster, you took the words right out of my mouth. This thread could easily have been started by me. I have a black, natural, chocolate, & rouge h birkins. And I live in Southern Alaska where color prevails! I have been trying to talk myself into a color (they look so nice on others) but find myself thinking about a gold bag. I once purchased a yellow non-H bag that was terribly pretty and expensive. I used it for about 2 weeks and felt awkard each and every time. I put it down never to be used again and thereafter avoided color. My latest thought was to get a BJ kelly (maybe a different style bag ie kelly vs birkin). There is a lovely rouge vif bolide but I could not compel myself to purchase it and I want (dare I say need) a bolide this summer.

Well, I think I look better in a pure white blouse rather than a cream or beige one. So, does that make me cool? Thanks.
Yes, I would say so. Of course, the only reason you would be worried about cool or warm toned bags is in order to match your clothes - seeing your bag isn't worn against your face. I am cool too, and 98% of everything in my wardrobe is cool-toned. I'm sure there are folks who could probably wear both well, but I, alas, am not one of them.

My SA said to me once before that H women work in mysterious ways. There are 3 distinct groups.

One group will only buy all the dark neutrals first and take a long time to plunge into the world of colourful neutrals.

The other group will buy all the colours before slowly venturing into one or two dark neutrals, before swinging back to colours again.

The 3rd group, which I think is where I belong, is all over the place.:P