Is the Nodini being discontinued?

mokolya

May 2, 2013
I was at BV last Saturday in Dubai. I was wearing my Nodini and the SA told me they were no longer in production..what they have is all there will ever be

Can anyone confirm?
It's my favorite everyday bag and I want to know if I should stock up

I was at BV last Saturday in Dubai. I was wearing my Nodini and the SA told me they were no longer in production..what they have is all there will ever be

Can anyone confirm?
It's my favorite everyday bag and I want to know if I should stock up
I’d stock up. My SA told me that, going forward, only the cabat will be made in the classic weaving. She said the new weaving sizes will be 1.5 cm (everything going forward will be this size besides the the cabats) and 4 cm (the really thick weave). I was told this last Friday when I purchased my mini cabat. Of course, there’s no way to know how things will finally shake out, but I already noticed the mist (?) nodini is no longer available on the web site. However, it does seem like different SA’s are receiving different information....from some of what I’ve read here.......

I’d stock up. My SA told me that, going forward, only the cabat will be made in the classic weaving. She said the new weaving sizes will be 1.5 cm (everything going forward will be this size besides the the cabats) and 4 cm (the really thick weave). I was told this last Friday when I purchased my mini cabat. Of course, there’s no way to know how things will finally shake out, but I already noticed the mist (?) nodini is no longer available on the web site. However, it does seem like different SA’s are receiving different information....from some of what I’ve read here.......
Diane do you think the Knot clutch will stay in production? Have you heard anything?

Diane do you think the Knot clutch will stay in production? Have you heard anything?
I have not heard anything about that style. But I don’t buy knots so my SA is not likely to mention it unless I’m in the store where we have longer conversations. (We usually communicate via text and phone.) She reaches out if she thinks something that will affect me is going to happen.

My sa told me this as well prob 2-3 months ago. Bummer.

Reactions: diane278
So I guess this means their classic knot is going to be replaced permanently with the 'pouch' ? (Not that the pouch isnt a lovely bag in its own way).
How could you turn your back on arguably one of your most iconic bags? You'd think they would have learned from what's happening over at Celine not to change thinks so drastically and quickly.

I'm nervous.

I'm finally in a financial situation to start purchasing a few elegant pieces I've been lusting after from both houses and it seems as if they may be gone before I can get my hands on them.

Shame.

Last edited:
So I guess this means their classic knot is going to be replaced permanently with the 'pouch' ? (Not that the pouch isnt a lovely bag in its own way).
How could you turn your back on arguably one of your most iconic bags? You'd think they would have learned from what's happening over at Celine not to change thinks so drastically and quickly.

I'm nervous.

I'm finally in a financial situation to start purchasing a few elegant pieces I've been lusting after from both houses and it seems as if they may be gone before I can get my hands on them.

Shame.

I already feel that the BV website has moved on....without me!......I don’t recognize most of what’s shown.....

I already feel that the BV website has moved on....without me!......I don’t recognize most of what’s shown.....
Absolutely! I was talking to a girlfriend and we were having an interesting conversation about how much everything has changed in luxury lately. It seems to me like in the past you knew exactly which brand to go for for your desired needs: ex Dior for feminine luxury, bottega for refined understated pinings and maybe celine for modern minimal designs.

But now with all the turn over in whose heading each house it's like you go to Celine if you want old ysl, mulberry or bottega if you want old (but mainly the wierd) minimal Celine. It's like where do I go if I want old bottega or something dioresque a la Raf Simmons?

i see Nodinis on the shelves, even in the newest/latest colour Bright red and Petrol blue and some old colours (China red, Bordeaux) which are not discounted.
I guess for 1 more season Nodini is definitely NOT going, so i would not worry and rush to buy it. But don't grag it too long either ;) you never know...

i see Nodinis on the shelves, even in the newest/latest colour Bright red and Petrol blue and some old colours (China red, Bordeaux) which are not discounted.
I guess for 1 more season Nodini is definitely NOT going, so i would not worry and rush to buy it. But don't grag it too long either ;) you never know...

But the double zip nodini has been discontinued? I don’t see it on the site. Was it only out for a few seasons? I very, very rarely see it being sold.