Is the GST worth it

Zahzah

Aug 16, 2011
Hi all!

So I'm thinking of purchasing the GST very soon for work in either black or beige with GHW.
Iv been reading through posts and get the idea the caviar leather on the newer GSTs look cheap and plasticky is this true?
A lot of designers are pushing up the prices and cutting down on the quality which is very disappointing :sad:

This will be my first Chanel and I love the look of it.
My only concerns are, the open top which I'm afraid things might fall out, I really want beige as all my bags are black but I wear dark clothes and worried about colour transfer. I don't really like the sagging look either.

I really want this bag but if I don't find it sutiable my other choices are
LV trevi
Givency antigona

So what do you all think?
Shall I get it? Will it hold up for daily wear?
Black or beige?

Thanks in advance!

I had a GST in black and it's a really nice bag! It can feel a little bit bulky though if you wear it on the shoulder. I never had issues with the bag being open at the top. My GST did have a lot of squishing on the bottom corner though. I love love the GST in beige with GHW! I'd recommend going in store and trying it on. :]

You can get bag inserts that zip closed so you don't have to worry about everything falling out. Also, calf (caviar is pebbled calf) can easily be sprayed with water protection products that will help to prevent color transfer. To avoid the transfer, just be careful especially around denim as this is the worst offender for color transfer. As this is a tote, chances of that are much less. It's a pretty sturdy bag and is pretty carefree due to the caviar material. If you use the spray treatment, this also helps protect against spills and dirt. Collonil, Meltonian and Cadillac are 3 products that make such a spray.

You can get bag inserts that zip closed so you don't have to worry about everything falling out. Also, calf (caviar is pebbled calf) can easily be sprayed with water protection products that will help to prevent color transfer. To avoid the transfer, just be careful especially around denim as this is the worst offender for color transfer. As this is a tote, chances of that are much less. It's a pretty sturdy bag and is pretty carefree due to the caviar material. If you use the spray treatment, this also helps protect against spills and dirt. Collonil, Meltonian and Cadillac are 3 products that make such a spray.

Hey thanks for the advice i know the black would be ideal and more sensible but the gst. In beige and gold hardware is so pretttttyyyyyyyy.

I don't think il love the black one as much as the beige and down the line might possible regret it, but I also don't want to regret the beige when it starts looking 'not so new'

I have regrets with bags in the past I don't carry my speedy anymore cause it's mono and I wish I got the DE(more suitable in a work environment)

It's a tough choice.
It's a lot of money to spend on a bag (well for me it is) and I want it to last and love it everytime I see it.

I got black GST ghw and I love it. I used it everyday as my nappy bag. I got black because I don't have to worry so much. I got beige 2.55 and I always feel like I have to baby her when I took her out.

IMO I wouldn't pick beige for an everyday bag but if you like it I will say go for it!

I have a black GST with SHW...I love it! The beige is pretty, I think you could make it work for everyday, especially in spring/summer when lighter color clothing is usually worn. The open top is actually one of my favorite things....I never zip my bags anyway!

I have the beige with ghw
Yes it's soooo pretty, but oh my gosh it's heavy lol
I just carry wallet, sunnies, small cosmetic purse, phone and keys and I find by the end of the day I'm getting quite grumpy with it lol

I want the beige but I keep thinking back to the otherday when I put my hand in my work bag and found ink all over my hand, I looked in and one of my pen had burst, the lining was covered in ink but the bag was black and so was the lining so when I washed it I'm sure there's still a stain but I can't see it.
Now if it happens to a black gst I would be pretty upset but if it was beige I would be devestated!

Still love the beige though.

I want the beige but I keep thinking back to the otherday when I put my hand in my work bag and found ink all over my hand, I looked in and one of my pen had burst, the lining was covered in ink but the bag was black and so was the lining so when I washed it I'm sure there's still a stain but I can't see it.
Now if it happens to a black gst I would be pretty upset but if it was beige I would be devestated!

Still love the beige though.

Considering it's for work, I'd go for black. And yes, it's worth it.

I find the GST more timeless than the Givenchy/LV.
I do find it quite heavy sometimes, but when I grow tired of carrying on the crook of my arm, I just switch it to my shoulder.

Hi all!

So I'm thinking of purchasing the GST very soon for work in either black or beige with GHW.
Iv been reading through posts and get the idea the caviar leather on the newer GSTs look cheap and plasticky is this true?
A lot of designers are pushing up the prices and cutting down on the quality which is very disappointing :sad:

This will be my first Chanel and I love the look of it.
My only concerns are, the open top which I'm afraid things might fall out, I really want beige as all my bags are black but I wear dark clothes and worried about colour transfer. I don't really like the sagging look either.

I really want this bag but if I don't find it sutiable my other choices are
LV trevi
Givency antigona

So what do you all think?
Shall I get it? Will it hold up for daily wear?
Black or beige?

Thanks in advance!

I solve the open top issue with a purse organizer that can be zipped closed. Also, as you can see from the photo I posted in my thread about the purse organiser, my pens and highlighters are neatly inserted standing upright into one of the pockets of the organizer. This reduces the chance of the caps coming off, etc.

http://forum.purseblog.com/showthread.php?p=26163221

Lying the GST on its back instead of being upright while u r at work can reduce the potential for sagging.

I love my GST, so I feel that it's worth every penny and then some. :smile:

i have one with really light grey, i don't wear it much because it is a big bag and i try to downsize what i carry.
although the top is open i don't really find problem with it and i can tell you i'm a careless person, the middle part with the zip is pretty big and i put small important things inside the zipper

I have GST in navy caviar SHW. Love it! It's not heavy at all and great for work bc the compartments. I also have no problem with things falling out bc I put my wallets and important stuff in the middle zip compartment. I love the open side compartments so I can go in and out quickly, and put paperwork in them, etc.

Thanks! I'm defo getting the GST.
Iv got both on hold and have no idea if I should be practical and realistic and look at long term wear and tear or go for what looks the prettiest and just accept that it won't look as pretty in a couple of yeara