Is the GST worth it

Thanks! I'm defo getting the GST.
Iv got both on hold and have no idea if I should be practical and realistic and look at long term wear and tear or go for what looks the prettiest and just accept that it won't look as pretty in a couple of yeara
I have the exact same dilemma. Black or beige GST with gold hardware, oh decisions decisions!
I have a maxi in dark navy (almost black) and a jumbo in caviar in beige. I do use the black more for the following reasons:
1. goes with everything
2. goes with all 4 seasons
3. if it gets dirty or discoloured by something u wont be able to see it as much
4. more value for money because u carry it more.

the beige is sooo pretty. but for ur first chanel get the classic black u wont regret it. but if prettiness overrides your practicality then get the beige, and take pics for us to see!!!!

I got a GST and regretted it. It is so big and boxy. It doesnt stay on the shoulder. Chanel mini is more worth it for the price— at least its a classic flap. There are better tote bags out there!

I got black GST ghw and I love it. I used it everyday as my nappy bag. I got black because I don't have to worry so much. I got beige 2.55 and I always feel like I have to baby her when I took her out.

IMO I wouldn't pick beige for an everyday bag but if you like it I will say go for it!
How do you like your GST XL in GHW? Thinking about getting this or the classic GST size in GHW

I have beige GHW GST, and I love it..for me it is a beautiful Chanel bag with a decent price point..(for Chanel)....I dont use it everyday, just on occasions when I go out, esp during spring and summer...so its not overused and continues to look good...

I have a black GST with gold hardware. I love it and carried it as my everyday bag for long time. It's still in the rotation. I bought in in 2012 (not sure of serial number) and I do not feel that it looks "plasticy." I do know what you're talking about, I've heard this comment on the boards over the years. All you can do is go to the shop and look at the bags and pick the one you like the best. If you feel like the leather isn't for you then don't buy that one!

Actually, I found that if you kick the bag back a bit when you carry it, the straps stay on your shoulder.

I got a GST and regretted it. It is so big and boxy. It doesnt stay on the shoulder. Chanel mini is more worth it for the price— at least its a classic flap. There are better tote bags out there!