Is Speedy 30 Good Carry on Luggage?

Forsyte

Dec 15, 2009
Good morning! I'm going to be traveling and wonder if you feel speedy 30 is a good size for a carry on. I bought my damier 30 at the end of last year and haven't travelled with it yet. Should I bring a larger bag? I'll be traveling for three days. Thanks!

Last edited:
I think it'll depend on how much you're planning on carrying & how long you're travelling for.

For me it'll be too small. I'm going to Vegas next month for a few days & i'll be bringing my speedy 30 as a handbag & a smaller luggage bag as carry on.

I would say 40 is a better size for carryon luggage. However I can fit a book, my ipod, 1L water bottle, as well as my portable DVD player and a couple of DVD's in my speedy 30.

the 30 is a good sixe for all your stuff, wallet, keys, makeup, agenda, phone, a snack, a book, a water bottle - but don't plan on putting any clothes etc in there, it will be too small for that....

I prefer shoulder bag for travel so it's either my galliera pm (if I'm travelling alone or with hubby) or my Kipling tote bag (if I'm travelling with the kids)!

I used to stuff my 35 to use as a purse when I traveled (anything that wouldn't fit in my keepall went in there) and it was SO uncomfortable to lug through the airport! I definitely suggest a NF or Pallermo for traveling!

It depends how long your flight is (e.g. how much stuff you need to take) and where you are going - if my flights are say under three hours then my Speedy 30 + a wheelie cabin bag is enough. And then you have the Speedy to use as a purse during the trip. But if its more, I take my NF GM - you can really load that thing up - books, magazines, water, food, wallet, make-up etc.