Is Someone Trying To Trick Me?

I've read on a couple listings they say no returns except for authenticity concerns, yet claim the bag is 100% authentic in the listing. I've recently added no returns, and if authenticity is in question contact my poupette to authenticate.

I feel like this helps me validate the authenticity point and will hopefully keep scamers away!!

There is no protection for you. It does not matter WHAT you state in your auction. If a buyer gets a bag from you, does the bait & switch routine, and files a complaint with Ebay and/or Paypal that the bag is fake, you are screwed. Its a chance you take and the chances are more of a gamble every day. I never ask if the seller will refund, I ask if they can '100% guarantee its authenticity.' 9 times out of 10 the crook sellers do not respond. If the good sellers do, I request additonal pictures of serial numbers, stitching and pics of all bag angles. Also to protect yourself you can take additional pics of the bags you list so if a buyer tries to return a knockoff to you, you'll at least have something.

I get asked that all the time. I just direct them to what I have stated in my auction. ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS. My items are photographed to death, and generally sent with a copy of a receipt. I don't want to be rude, but if they still don't feel comfortable purchasing then I insist that they should not purchase until 100% sure they want the item.

Ebay is so much work, because I did try the "I will cancel bids under 5 feedback w/o contact." thing. Oh boy was that a joke. Only one person contacted me. So yeah no one reads the auctions.

This is a good thread. It actually makes me think a lot about seller security.

I read somewhere on this forum, someone made a good suggestion: let the buyers know that there will be a small interior marking made on the bag and if the bag returned does not have that marking, then you will pursue the matter legally, as that would be fraud on their part.

Or actually, dont tell them that. That seems too scary from a buyer's perspective. Plus some people wont understand "small interior marking" and will flip out that you mutilated their potential bag.

JUST MAKE THE ID MARK SOMEWHERE DESCREET and dont tell. But if they file a claim, THEN let them know that for security purposes, a mark(s) was made and photograph documented and if the mark(s) are not there on the returned bag then you will pursue the matter as criminal fraud and file charges. Oh yeah, have that documented photo uploaded to a private, password protected photobucket account BEFORE the auction (in case you actually do have to file charges). I think this had to be done as Jen and others mentioned, if they file a paypal claim, they will get to return "the bag" you sold them.

How sad scammers are now pulling the old "swtich-er-roo" on honest sellers. It isnt enough they scam buyers! they have to screw overs sellers as well! No one is safe! :crybaby:

At least we have tPF as a resouce. So many people are bidding and buying from known scammers and obvious fakes. This was even me last year before I found this place :flowers:

ok I'm new to the business of buying and selling, but when a seller puts up a sign NO REFUNDS!!!! it make the people like me automatically ask if the item is fake "do I get a refund"? if you are selling a genuine article u should have the reciepts and authenticty cards to back u up, what are you worried about? I may be totally off base here and having not been a seller, my input might not count but to me you sound offended for all the wrong reasons