Is Neiman being Unreasonable?

I find the elastic back to be uncomfortable, especially in the exotic skins. But I do agree that you accepted the risk when you wore them.

(The tape on the bottom of shoes is a trick that has been used in the fashion photography business for years. After the photos, the shoes are returned to the designers' showrooms. Does seem a bit shady, doesn't it, unless the designer agrees.)

I'm going against the grain and I think nm is being unreasonable. In the past i've been able to return shoes to nordstrom, macys and bloomies even if worn a couple times with success. If you only wore them once I'm surprised they wouldn't take it back b/c how much wear could there have been? But now I know to not buy shoes at NM.

Sorry ladies, but why should any store take them back? You tried them on when you purchased them-it's not NM'sr fault that they gave you blisters! That's a pair of shoes that you bought too small. I think they are being reasonable in assuming they should not take the loss. Maybe this will be unpopular-but what's to say that a bra or swimsuit etc. that you wore once and discovered was uncomfortable should be able to be returned? It's a learning experience-try to sell them elsewhere and make sure that when you buy a pair next time that you are certain they are comfy for you. I'm no fan of NM with experiences I've had with orders cancelled etc, but this is not what I'd consider an acceptable return. JMHO-not trying to be rude! :angel:

I think you should have worn them around the house a few times to see how they felt. It is not the stores problem that they are too small. Some of my friends refuse to go up a size in shoes and have horrible blisters and ugly feet to show for trying to squeeze in to too tight shoes. It is a vanity thing for them---as if anyone cares about your shoe size.
You probably might have had better luck if you returned them the next day after you wore them in person to the store. To wait 2-3 months is like them feeling you wore them for the holiday season and now expect a refund.
I have a hard time buying shoes. I have learned to buy more expensive shoes in a good quality leather and do not go with plastic or anything that can't breath.
I think that so many high end department stores have accepted returns for so many things the past that are used that they are finally cracking down on it.

I agree with the idea that you should grit your teeth, put on Band-Aids or Blister Block and thick socks, and break them in. Shoes that gave me terrible blisters at first have ended up comfy after a few wearings.

I'm going against the grain and I think nm is being unreasonable. In the past i've been able to return shoes to nordstrom, macys and bloomies even if worn a couple times with success. If you only wore them once I'm surprised they wouldn't take it back b/c how much wear could there have been? But now I know to not buy shoes at NM.
enough that they couldn't re-sell them I'm sure.

Nordstroms is the best...did you hear the story they once took someone's tires back? Seriously....
That is why they have The Rack...I have purchased a ton of Ferragamos there that were obviously re soled.....for 30-80dollars..
Neimans is a pain....
Good luck!
Kiley

I guess that's hard lesson for me not to wear them next time. The shoes really didn't feel they were uncomfortable that's why I wore them. I am not a person that takes advantage of anyone.

I've also heard that if you vaccum with the shoes on (again a carpeted area) you can get a good idea if they fit properly.

Can you put masking tape or blister bandages on the trouble spots and then allow the shoe to stretch? Maybe then you can wear them?

Honestly, I don't know if they would send it back, but they might. Have you tried calling CS to check the status of the return? I returned a Last Call bag (also unworn) in-store four months after I purchased it. (Actually, my DH returned it; I was too embarrassed in case they said no.):shame:

Actually, it was shipped back in 35 days...not such a big deal. However, I did speak with a phone rep two days ago who confirmed that NM received them back at their warehouse on 12/14!! She chose to go ahead and credit my account for the $350 w/o my asking her to do so. Still today, I am showing a balance on my account for that amount. I guess it probably takes the billing office time to process it.

If NM takes the shoes back, what happens to the shoes. 1. they resell them. I don't think anyone wants to buy a used pair of shoes for full price. 2. NM takes a loss. Multiply that loss by hundreds and thousand of times for everytime something didn't fit/didn't work for the customer and NM is GONE. NM is a business and they have to make a profit to stay in business.
It's not their responsibilty to make sure our purchase fits or we like it.

I returned a bag to NM last call that was a website purchase. I believe I returned it 12-12. I called them last week to see about the status and the guy told me they have been swamped with returns and that they were just now processing the week of 12-12. He said the date they are giving for processing those from that time frame is 2 weeks out. (in otherwards please call in 2 weeks if your account doesn't reflect the refund by then)

Actually, it was shipped back in 35 days...not such a big deal. However, I did speak with a phone rep two days ago who confirmed that NM received them back at their warehouse on 12/14!! She chose to go ahead and credit my account for the $350 w/o my asking her to do so. Still today, I am showing a balance on my account for that amount. I guess it probably takes the billing office time to process it.

I love blister block by band-aid. And the blister band-aids made by band-aid. lol

I have some Coach Flats that gave me blisters the first 2x I wore them, but haven't given me a problem since and have become quite comfy--but those first times were a bear!