Is it wrong to ask for information/pic after the auction has ended?

Well, I guess I wont be buying the bag and I feel really upset because I had missed out on 3 other bags while saving up for this auction. :sad: So I took the advise of ChristiFlora and sent that seller an email explaining my concerns about her very delayed replies to my emails and requesting for an alternative picture since she mentioned that the datecode was difficult to capture. She replied the next day in 2 lines. Let me quote: hi
i reply your email 2 times already, as i said no more pictures, cause its hard to get clear picture for the date code, all my item is authentic. thanks"

:confused1:

I replied to her message again reminding her that i requested an alternative picture in my previous email so i said "Hi, Please send me the picture of the bag which says Louis Vuitton Made in France. This picture is easier to take than the date code so you should not have a reason to refuse my request. I will only pay when i receive the picture. It worries me that you are not willing to provide me with any pictures."

And she replied again in 2 lines: "hi i told u, no more pictures, all my item is authentic, and u should ask the picture before u bid, i have no more time, i do appologize. thanks bye "

So I got a little MAD.. How dare she accused me! :cursing: I told her I did email her for pictures many days before the auction ended! And she even replied me saying she was out of town and would get back to me by Tues with the pictures!!!! I also told her I was terribly disappointed with the way she treated her buyers. This bag cost nearly $2k!! And all she can tell me is her items are authentic and that she does not have time to take more pictures? I was asking for 1/2 pictures not 10???? How was I to believe her "my items are authentic" when she is sooo evasive about sending the pictures??? She has time to list stuff but no time to send me pictures. GEE. I certainly have no time to file a paypal claim and charge back if this was indeed fake! :wtf: :amazed: :mad:

And she replied: "hi i do appologize about the picture, but i dont have time to take a picture for this bag. if u not sure about the authenticity for this bag, i will relist this item. once again all my item is authentic, i do not sell fakes. thank you very much bye"

So i guess its over now.. I am so upset I bought neither this bag nor the 3 other ones i missed out. :crybaby::sad:

If I were you I would be happy, not upset-you have your money and you have three pages of posts with regards to pictures before/after bidding and general good advice. There will be more bags. Email her and say you understand she is relisting the item so you are off the hook, then take your time and if you see something you are serious about, post it here-this particular auction was not meant to be, I think you got out ahead-happy hunting!

happie_berrie, you'll find the bag again - and when you do, you'll feel certain about authenticity and won't have to worry. You'll enjoy your bag purchase so much more! Good luck with your bag search!!!

Yea thats quite true. I should be happy I did not have to deal with any after-mess. :shame: I am off to spend my money in Paris tomorrow~ off just for 2 days. But I am so excited hehe :yahoo: I feel like a silly child! lolz

Yea thats quite true. I should be happy I did not have to deal with any after-mess. :shame: I am off to spend my money in Paris tomorrow~ off just for 2 days. But I am so excited hehe :yahoo: I feel like a silly child! lolz

Yay! Good for you.

Your situation reminds me about the $600+ bag that I won the bid for $220. I did not realize that I could not use Paypal credit card until I started scrolling down the listing page for the pay button. The money order or cashier check-only requirement set off that panic button of mine, reminding me about another fake Coach bag that I got from a crooked seller who asked for bank wire or cashier check-only and ran off with money from about 15 of us poor victims.

Like you, I felt obligated to complete the transaction. Who told me not to read the entire listing carefully before placing a bid? I emailed the crooked seller to ask for the option of Paypal payment. He kept giving excuses and asked if I would pay in every reply. I stalled for about 10 days, and then negative feedback from many of his customers poured in. His account was suspended, and I never paid.

Afterwards, I was very sad for not getting that dream bag of mine, but I told myself that it was never meant to be. Now, 2 years later, I do not like that bag as much as before. In fact, if I bought that bag, even an authentic one for $220, I would rid of it to get another LV bag. Most of the time, I had missed out on some bags, but after a while as my taste changed or progressed, I was glad that I did not get them. As for you, perhaps it is meant to be that you are destined to have a better bag.

Who knows? You may end up with a beautiful bargain from Paris.;) :graucho: