is it wrong to ask a seller to hold something for a few days?

She needs to go into the listing to revise it. Scroll down to the payment section and in my screenshot, where it's checked to require immediate payment for BIN, she needs to UNCHECK it.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 123
I know exactly what she needs to do, as well. I get it, but obviously seller doesn't and it's just making them mad.

She says she has no special settings for buy it now.
Then I told her I have tried to buy it twice and asked if it notified her at all, and she didn't answer back, just said thanks.

great. guess I really will just have to wait it out. This is starting to make me want to not deal with this seller actually. This must not be worth it. It's ok if I lose it, anyways.

I know exactly what she needs to do, as well. I get it, but obviously seller doesn't and it's just making them mad.

She says she has no special settings for buy it now.
Then I told her I have tried to buy it twice and asked if it notified her at all, and she didn't answer back, just said thanks.

great. guess I really will just have to wait it out. This is starting to make me want to not deal with this seller actually. This must not be worth it. It's ok if I lose it, anyways.

Yeah I was gonna recommend that you either pass or just BIN and pay immediately if you really want it.

I would send one very concise email stating that the item requires instant payment in order to do a BIN to commit, and that she needs to revise the listing and uncheck the box that requires instant payment and that after she does that, you will right away do a BIN on the item. Then, if she does, you are golden; if not then I'd move on as if when you spell it out she still doesn't do it, she doesn't intend to.

But how much feedback as a seller? That number is total feedback.

It sounds like she doesn't understand how to remove the instant payment requirement so it makes me wonder about her experience.

She needs to go into the listing to revise it. Scroll down to the payment section and in my screenshot, where it's checked to require immediate payment for BIN, she needs to UNCHECK it.

All of the above. Sounds like she does not realize that she has checked that box, and your reply to her that you can't buy doesn't explain to her the steps she needs to go through one by one to enable you to do the BIN without having to pay immediately.

A screen capture is taking a capture of the image like what BB did. On a pc, you use the "print screen" button to copy it and then you can open paint (or any other similar program) and paste it there, then save it as whatever you want in a location you can find it on your computer. On a mac, you don't have to do the extra paste step, but as it's been a bit since I used my mac, I am not 100% positive but think it's the preview function. As an alternative, you can save BB's image to your computer, then attach that to the email to show her exactly what she needs to do.

However, since you have decided that you feel it's best to move on, since she didn't understand that she has her settings set so as to not allow you to commit, I would think that you could just (a) move on or (b) let her know why you are moving on.

Yeah, I see what you're saying with that, too. I suppose I could do that, but I would rather have consent from the seller who chooses to hold it for me instead of doing it that way. I am really honest and intend fully to pay, so I don't want them to feel like they're getting ripped off.
You sound like such a nice buyer, if I were your seller I would definitely hold it for you. Most people do this and don't even ask, there needs to be more like you!

I don't personally- I have clicked on BIN for things and then realised I don't get money until the next day or I have to wait for my parents to get home to pay for things. I only ever do it with things I know that will go quicker than you can wink and would only ever make a seller wait 24-48 hours- I think any longer than that and it is a little unfair.

Also asked sellers to hold off on posting before (Xmas and birthday presents) and I have never had a problem that way either.

You sound like such a nice buyer, if I were your seller I would definitely hold it for you. Most people do this and don't even ask, there needs to be more like you!

thank you all.. that is very nice. I just like to treat people like I want to be treated on ebay. She said " ok, thanks have a lovely day, bye" after I tried to explain that I can't commit to buy.
So I WANT to go back and explain with the screenshot of what she needs to do but I feel it would only make matters worse at this point.

Thanks for all the advice and help here, I have never been helped more than I have with this!

All of the above. Sounds like she does not realize that she has checked that box, and your reply to her that you can't buy doesn't explain to her the steps she needs to go through one by one to enable you to do the BIN without having to pay immediately.

A screen capture is taking a capture of the image like what BB did. On a pc, you use the "print screen" button to copy it and then you can open paint (or any other similar program) and paste it there, then save it as whatever you want in a location you can find it on your computer. On a mac, you don't have to do the extra paste step, but as it's been a bit since I used my mac, I am not 100% positive but think it's the preview function. As an alternative, you can save BB's image to your computer, then attach that to the email to show her exactly what she needs to do.

However, since you have decided that you feel it's best to move on, since she didn't understand that she has her settings set so as to not allow you to commit, I would think that you could just (a) move on or (b) let her know why you are moving on.

what would you say? in the reasons why I chose not to get it?
I don't want to further irritate the seller

So sorry this isn't working out for you! I guess you will just have to wait until Friday. I hope that by then, if you do still want it, it will be there. But I'd say leave the seller alone at this point. You don't want her to block you. Especially if it'd still be there for you to buy on Friday AT MIDNIGHT lol

So sorry this isn't working out for you! I guess you will just have to wait until Friday. I hope that by then, if you do still want it, it will be there. But I'd say leave the seller alone at this point. You don't want her to block you. Especially if it'd still be there for you to buy on Friday AT MIDNIGHT lol

I've definitely thought about this, too. I haven't said anything to her after she pretty much closed the convo early last night but I still may want the bag.....

I am hoping it will still be there, but you don't think she will hold any grudge do you? for feeling like I'm an annoying buyer who hasseled her?

I've definitely thought about this, too. I haven't said anything to her after she pretty much closed the convo early last night but I still may want the bag.....

I am hoping it will still be there, but you don't think she will hold any grudge do you? for feeling like I'm an annoying buyer who hasseled her?

Once a buyer pays, they're not longer annoying.

LOL!

Some sellers, like buyers, aren't that chatty.