Is it wrong for me to expect more form lv?

I'm sorry if it came across that way, I don't expect a gift or note. I would just be happier knowing they went that extra mile (as i stated earlier the gifts don't appeal to me at all) I agree that it is wear and tear but I think the quality of LV should last longer than 5 years (4 years old seller 1 year mine.) I mean the company is built basically as a luggage company, if that is their specialty I don't think things should just fall apart after 5 years, then be told its irreparable and they cant do anything about it. I understand a product is irreparable, but IMHO at the price they charge it shouldn't be at such a young age.

The issues i had in the past were quite significant as well, I was lied to by a SA, (i understand they were trying to cover themselves) but that is not the type of service I expect from LV. Loosing my details then palming off a different product as my order. And various issues of the quality of heatstamping.

Again a note really wont make a different (and im my case neither a gift) so i'm not concerned really about it, the reason why i would like one is because it will show to me that the manger despite his rudeness (I see how aggravation can be translated but he really was rude) He listened to my stories, then explained why its irreparable, blamed me for not taking the SA names down and processed to accuse me that the incidents never took place, then quickly apologized and hung up.

(i will post some pics later as I'm busy right now)

I'm so sorry that happened to you! The sad truth is that Louis Vuitton is available to everyone. It's no longer considered a luxury or even exclusive label. They probably get many complaints and unless if your a super high-end shopper, they probably won't care. You don't deserve to be treated that way though, I'm sure Hermes will love you - that's a much better fashion house by miles! :yes:

Thanks guys you comforting is really great.

Gian- I LOVE hermes but their prices boy lol (plus down here the prices are inflated) But the dealing with them so far are great, i already have a sa who is so lovely and patient with me we spend 1/2 hour looking a belts and didn't even buy anything, (i told him i was getting it from NY) and he was cool with it, I'm going back just to buy a fragrance from him next time

That's terrible! Sorry this happend to you, no I wouldn't expect things to happen like within 5 years. I don't know why the others are saying that you were asking too much??? They can't really determine a decision unless they carried the bag themselves. I would definately speak with the managers supervisor about the way you were poorly treated. Good luck and hope all works out!

sorry to hear about this! maybe you can write a letter to someone much higher as I think they would be much more upset seeing that their employees would treat you this way!

I agree a purse, when treated with care, should last more than 5 years. Vuitton should be all about quality and products that last. Unfortunately, many of the recent "fashion" pieces are more decorative than functional. I also have found customer service to be hit and miss, if you don't feel happy about your LV, maybe it is time to shop elsewhere? Luxury purchases shouldn't be stressful, IMO.

thanks for the comforting guys, it really helps. I guess I just have to accept that my bag is slowly breaking down, If lv cant do anything would a good shoemaker/leather person be able to salvage it? i.e put a small extra coating of something on the wearing corners, once the problem gets bigger i dont think there is anything can do, i haven't used the bag in months scared it would get worse.

I'm sorry you experienced bad customer service.

With regrads to the life span of LV proucts (I am just trying to be objective) Lv are always trying new things with the bags it is not really possible to test drive the material for a number of years to see how durable it is as the material is no longer in production it's not really possible to do a repair as I'd assume there would be a HUGE cost to re-produce the material. If there where to hold on to the material to test the durability it would be out of date before the are able to release it.

Once agin I am only being objective Sorry.

I agree that it is wear and tear but I think the quality of LV should last longer than 5 years (4 years old seller 1 year mine.) I mean the company is built basically as a luggage company, if that is their specialty I don't think things should just fall apart after 5 years, then be told its irreparable and they cant do anything about it. I understand a product is irreparable, but IMHO at the price they charge it shouldn't be at such a young age.

It just all depends how much you use the bag and how gentle you are with it. It states in the care booklet how delicate Monogram Glace can be. When you say fall apart, it sounds like you're saying that the bag actually has a broken strap or rip somewhere...

As for the price LV charges for their items... that's luxury for ya baby! ;)

John, I understand what you mean but I definitely consider it falling apart since when I took it for repairs the SA said it would eventually all peel off. Parts of the piece are falling off, to me that isn't a small glitch its falling apart, i guess we just have different perspectives of the definition. I mean the problem isn't horrible now but in the future the entire bag will be destroyed.
I also feel that the price shouldn't be justified by the luxury definition, quality and workmanship should come into the equation IMO.

I think 1 piece of the puzzle here can't be answered...as John rightly says, because glace can be fragile, it's life span is highly dependent on how it's treated....but, you are the second owner, you really have no way of knowing how the first owner treated it. You mentioned it is bubbling. This sounds like exposure to extreme heat (hot car, etc) or humidity. The problem is when you recieved it, it may have already exposed to these problems...even if it didn't show signs yet.

if you want to get a more immediate and serious answer from LV, you have to go to the head honchos. get the name and direct contact number for their district or regional manager.

but do remember.. people that work in the business.. are PEOPLE as well. what a lot of customers fail to remember when shopping, making returns, or complaining to corporate about a store/sa's so called "rudeness" or "unprofessionalism" is that those people.. have feelings and are people as well. maybe on the phone, it sounded like you deserved to have it 'fall apart' on you like it did when the manager spoke with you.

Really tink? i bought it from a PFer and it was from a country with a reasonably high humidity, I don't know what to do? I don't want to blame the seller of something they may not be responsible for. It would be awkward to ask for a refund etc. it was expensive but maybe i should just count my losses and move on.