Is it worth getting the Trevi knowing the handles may peel?

op1

O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
ok ladies, i'm ready to buy my 4th LV bag but i need some help. i have always stayed away from the damier line because of the peeling handle problems i keep hearing and reading. But i fell inlove with the trevi recently while i was at the boutique with the intention of purchasing the palermo. Now I really want to get this bag but terrified of spending $1600 that will fall apart in a few months. I have searched the forum for info on peeling trevi handles and i think only found 1 or 2 owners with this problem. Do you guys know if LV has fixed the issue? would you recommend this bag? For trevi owners, did you contemplate/hesitate buying the bag for the same reason but bought it anyway? :smile: would appreciate everyone's input. thanks.

Actually, I haven't searched up the handle peeling problem when I was researching the purse; however, I have a friend and I saw hers did in fact have a little peeling on the handle. (If I was her, I would totally freak out). Her purse has been probably a year old so possibly they may have fixed the problem.

My main concern was the red alacantra lining rubbing off onto lighter items since I wanted to purchase an azur wallet. I did it anyway ( I know! I'm a risk taker haha!) and I've had no problems at all so far with the lining nor the handle peeling. BUTTTTT I've only had it for a month....

I think the purse is worth it!! All else fails, I/we can save up money and replace handles if needed.

BUY IT!

I've had the peeling problem with my damier speedy handles. it started about 13mths after i got it. but this hasn't made me regret the purchase one bit. like any bag, it may require maintenance. i think of it as a tradeoff..haha. where the damier is definitely lower maintenance in other ways because of the lack of vachetta, you have to deal with the potential for handle problems.

i think its highly unlikely that this will happen just after a few months. and i have read post here where people say that lv will fix free of charge if it becomes a problem soon after purchase. otherwise, i don't think it'll be TOO costly just to fix the handles.

even thought this has happened to my speedy handles, i'm actually still eyeing the trevi for my next bag=) it hasn't been something that bothers me that much.

chowderwowder and lovebeibei, thanks for sharing!

i didn't know about the lining rubbing off on lighter colored items :shocked:
but the bag is gorgeous:drool::drool::drool::drool:
i can't stop thinking about it

Trevi handles do not peel. You may buy with confidence. It's only a problem with the neverful. And only because the handles are so thin. I love my trevi. I have never had any problems with my damier speedy either. Per my SA, this problem is only related to the damier ebene neverful. I think the trevi is the best bag ever produced by LV!

I loved and contemplated the Trevi until I met 2 people that had the peeling on the same bag. If you are not bothered by the look of the peeling then go ahead but to me a $1600 bag shouldn't have peeling handles ever and it shouldn't be a concern when purchasing a high end designer bag. I think I will get the Palermo GM.

This might sound ridiculous but reading some of the posts for both sides makes me wonder if it has to do with the climate you live in. I actually have the Damier Ebene NF MM and haven't had issues so far. But my two friends that have the Trevi's live in different states and they have had issues.

I loved and contemplated the Trevi until I met 2 people that had the peeling on the same bag. If you are not bothered by the look of the peeling then go ahead but to me a $1600 bag shouldn't have peeling handles ever and it shouldn't be a concern when purchasing a high end designer bag. I think I will get the Palermo GM.

Can we see pictures? My SA told me he has never seen handles peel on a trevi. This is one I won't honestly believe unless I see it. There is no reason why a trevi handle would peel. If that were a problem, we would see it with speedies, saleyas and keepalls. Can we see pictures please?