Is it worth getting the Trevi knowing the handles may peel?

This is correct on the picture shown above. It's a minor problem and just needs reglazing. It's not like a known defective issue like the neverful straps and that one is simply because they are too thin and the piping is too thin for the type of leather used in ebene. Speedy and trevi handles are typically just great. The glaze on a handle can be somewhat affected too by lotions, sweat, moisture, humidity, cold, and heat. I still say you can buy a speedy or trevi or saleya with complete confidence. It's when they try to cut and roll very stiff leather into tiny piping that there is a problem. Reglazing is an easy fix, but be aware that it should be fixed as soon as you see it. Residual damage to a bag caused by someone not mitigating the damage by taking the bag in for repair (like actual cracking of nearby leather or canvas) may not be covered later. So if you have a glazing issue on a wallet or purse, take it in for repair right away. Otherwise, you may be completely out of luck later.

This is the best answer i have ever come across! Finally, i understand what everyone has been talking about! thank you so much for clarifying!!! i am no longer afraid :biggrin:

I've had my Trevi for over a year and haven't had any problems with it!

GL deciding!

Me too. My Trevi is almost a year old and I never had any prbs. Perfect and most versatile bag!

I have the Duomo and the Berkeley ( azur) as well - I have never had - or heard of- prbs with the handles in the daimer line??

After years of hearing about glazing issues, to my shock and surprise it happened to me. I grabbed my Speedy Azur to leave house. Something scratched my hand holding the handles. I came back in to see what it was and the plastic looking glazing was peeling apart from the inner handle. It was a very rough edge. I was surprised as I usually use the shoulder strap to carry it. My husband took pictures of it and I called LV services. To cut to the chase I wrote a letter, attached my receipt and shipped it off insured to LV in San Francisco for repair. I bought the bag in 2015 and don’t expect anything free, but just want the thing fixed. Will let you know how this turns out.

Last edited:
After years of hearing about glazing issues, to my shock and surprise it happened to me. I grabbed my Speedy Azur to leave house. Something scratched my hand holding the handles. I came back in to see what it was and the plastic looking glazing was peeling apart from the inner handle. It was a very rough edge. I was surprised as I usually use the shoulder strap to carry it. My husband took pictures of it and I called LV services. To cut to the chase I wrote a letter, attached my receipt and shipped it off insured to LV in San Francisco for repair. I bought the bag in 2015 and don’t expect anything free, but just want the thing fixed. Will let you know how this turns out.
Just received phone call from repair dept from LV in SF, it will be $120 to reglaze both handles, they said the bag was in extremely good condition otherwise for owning it 3 years, so it can’t be free but they will insure and overnight it to me back with. no extra charge . I told them to go ahead and repair it, will be like 6 weeks.

Just received phone call from repair dept from LV in SF, it will be $120 to reglaze both handles, they said the bag was in extremely good condition otherwise for owning it 3 years, so it can’t be free but they will insure and overnight it to me back with. no extra charge . I told them to go ahead and repair it, will be like 6 weeks.

Postscript: just got a call, it’s ready will be shipped to me Monday- so only took 2 weeks and a day to fix.

Reactions: TheLifestyleDiva