Is it true ....

My feet were terribly swollen during pregnancy... so bad that my last trimester I wore flip flops... that's right, just flip flops... even with suits to work. That's how bad it was for me.

Keep in mind that I live in Texas and was pg in the summer and it was one of the hottest summers on record (108 degrees two weeks before I delivered!) and I gained a lot of weight. Not only were my feet swollen, All of me was swollen. I looked like a rhino!

I've lost all the baby weight and most of my shoes still fit... except for one or two pairs (pradas, of course). One thing I did notice is that my feet seem to be a bit wider than they used to be, but, like a I said, most shoes still fit.

But, it's still a great excuse and I've used it on DH ... "I've got to get more shoes... they don't fit anymore!":graucho:

Cobblers can make shoes wider and roomier, but they cannot change the length of the sole. So if snugness is the issue they can help, but if your toes touching the end of the shoe is the issue they likely cannot.

Mine never went back to regular size. :sad:

I was a 7.5 pre-baby and am between an 8 and 8.5 now. I still have gorgeous shoes (irreplaceable) from pre-pregnancy (gee, that was 25 years ago!) that I can't bear to part with. I've had them stretched, etc. No avail.

A half size gain is the most common outcome, next is a full size, and then there are lucky people who can still wear the same size. I think it matters if you're a Narrow shoe to begin with (I am not, I am on the Wide side) because Narrow people often buy Mediums and have a bit extra room to begin with.