Is it strange??

I ran into a lady with a very beautiful 25cm birkin in a "camel-ish" color. I complimented her on it and she complimented me on mine. I then asked her what color it was.....and she didn't know. huh??? She was really stumped. That confused the hell out of me. Is that strange to not remember the color of your bag? It looked fairly new. Even of you have dozens of birkins, how could you forget the colors???

Easy - she's not a tPFer! We're all so used to obsessing over the specs and details of H that we forget there are "normal" people out there for whom it really is just a "tan birkin" or "black kelly"! I remind myself that I don't remember the names of colours from other houses either - it's just a "blue 2.55" to me :P

That's not strange to me -- Thanks to TPF, I am just learning the names of the leathers - let alone colors. I have owned H for many years -- but never knew the names of anything I purchased. I don't think I could name all of the popular styles either. Hopefully there are no tests once you have reached a certain number of posts -- I would be voted off the forum...

But, thanks to my TPF buddies, and DiamondS' school, one day soon, I will be able to graduate with flying colors.

Easy - she's not a tPFer! We're all so used to obsessing over the specs and details of H that we forget there are "normal" people out there for whom it really is just a "tan birkin" or "black kelly"! I remind myself that I don't remember the names of colours from other houses either - it's just a "blue 2.55" to me :P

Soooo true! Everytime I am online, DH is like, "what's going on in the purse forum?"....Funny.:biggrin: