Is it strange??

Not necessarily! Some people aren't really into Hermes but just because they have the money to buy the "best" bag, they own one. I doubt VB knows the colours of all her bags!

I think we have to remember we are quite the distinct group of H lovers. We love to fuss over the minute details (down to the grain size, veinings etc) and glimpse information that would even surprise some SAs. And we are members of a purse forum who obviously love to shallowly obsess over bags! It's not surprising that not everyone out there with a H bag is like us (though it seems there are quite a few of us judging by the numbers here LOL!)

I think we have to remember we are quite the distinct group of H lovers. We love to fuss over the minute details (down to the grain size, veinings etc) and glimpse information that would even surprise some SAs. And we are members of a purse forum who obviously love to shallowly obsess over bags! It's not surprising that not everyone out there with a H bag is like us (though it seems there are quite a few of us judging by the numbers here LOL!)

Well said. That's why sometimes I do get ever so slightly intimidated not by what and by how many bags some of you gals own but by the great love lots of you have for H and those minute obscure information that's shared by older members seems to be pulled out of thin air like magic :P

to a lot of people it is just what it is a bag !

we are the odd ones on here who care about skins colors combinations hardware etc etc. because it is a passion or fun or a hobby .

nothing wrong with either group the not h fans may know things about their hobby we would just ask "what? it is a car you know four weels and it is silver etc"

nothing wrong with either group the not h fans may know things about their hobby we would just ask "what? it is a car you know four weels and it is silver etc"

:roflmfao: That would be me...

You know the story reminds me of last year, when I was pushing my stroller, minding my own business until I saw this bolide crossing the street. I got all excited and asked her if it's a 31 or 37. She looked at me like I had 3 heads and said I don't know then ran off. Then I realize, you know, not many people CARE LOL.

to a lot of people it is just what it is a bag !

we are the odd ones on here who care about skins colors combinations hardware etc etc. because it is a passion or fun or a hobby .

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :lol: :lol: Remind me not to take YOU with me when buying a car! :P

:roflmfao: That would be me...

You know the story reminds me of last year, when I was pushing my stroller, minding my own business until I saw this bolide crossing the street. I got all excited and asked her if it's a 31 or 37. She looked at me like I had 3 heads and said I don't know then ran off. Then I realize, you know, not many people CARE LOL.

:lol:I've done this too! I told someone "I love your Bolide" and she said looked at me like I was crazy and said "no, it's Hermes". :blush: lol!

Not strange at all. Reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend, who told me she bought a red kelly from Paris, and when I asked her to describe what red it was, and she was exasperated and just said "Red is red!" :Push:

:lol:I've done this too! I told someone "I love your Bolide" and she said looked at me like I was crazy and said "no, it's Hermes". :blush: lol!

:roflmfao: So funny! I love to get into the tiny details of H myself, so I would, I admit, be unprepared for someone else not to have them at their fingertips as well, but this is a good reminder that not everyone is as "into" H as the ladies here!

I was waiting at bar once to cash my family out (we were having drinks and apps on their restaurants balcony) and I saw a woman who was clearly dressed for a date with her much loved, very much beat up Kelly on the bar. It was destroyed, certainly... no corners to speak of anymore and colour entirely worn off the sides, etc. And she was wearing it out on a date! I was impressed. I could only imagine how long she had carried it, and I was so interested in what colour it had been. I walked up to her, smiled, and said "what a lovely bag". She brightened up like Christmas. "Isn't it? Can you believe it? It's an authentic Birkin-Kelly!".

At that point, I realized as she started telling me all about it, that she'd just bought it off eBay, and for a really heinous amount of money considering it's condition. A part of me wanted to tell her it was a Kelly, likely Rouge H, from about 25+ years ago... but I didn't have the heart to tell her first of all that it wasn't a Birkin-Kelly. I smiled, listened while the bartender gave me our check, complimented her again, and walked away.

Not everyone wants to know details. They just love their bag ;)