Is it considered cheating??

It depends on the intent. If you are having dinner with an opposite sex just to talk and have fun, then it is not cheating. But going out to seek a deeper or sexual relationship, then that is cheating

D & G rockstar said:
Instantly my answer would be NO>

But in a relationship, i don't put myself in a situation where something could even slightly happen.

It really depends on who it is... does my BF know him? Am I attracted to this person? What is my relationship to that person?? Is this a social dinner or a work dinner? I think WORK dinners are OK if it's a group setting.

Cheating is a form of disrespect to the relationship. I wouldn't do anything disrespectful to my man... even if it's technically not cheating.

Ditto. Very well said:yes:

If going out to dinner with a single person of the opposite sex is cheating, then I better quit my job!

I am engaged, and I take people out to lunches and dinners all the time to discuss business, build working relationships, close on larger accounts, etc. Quite often, I work with single or divorced men. Most of them are older than me and none of them are "my type." Haha! I don't think this is considered cheating. Also, there's nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex, as long as both parties involved know that it's strictly platonic. I believe having friendships with people of the opposite sex is very healthy, and allows you to see things from another perspective. As someone else said, having dinner has nothing to do with having sex. Be secure in yourself, and communicate with your S.O. If your S.O. knows them and is cool with them, all the better!

No. Not unless you are thinking of acting upon feelings or are attracted to the person.

I have a friend who has always had a crush on me. Its been sorta obvious and sometimes we do grab dinner or lunch or email. But i don't think of him like that AT ALL, lol. And I'd have no problem if my bf was there. He also has female friends and one of his roommates is a single female... is that cheating, lol, no, and living together is way more serious with chances of things happening than just a dinner. Its called trust! You either have it or dont!

This has so many answers-normally I would say no BUT it depends on the purpose and intent of the dinner, and your willingness and/or ability to tell your SO about it. If my husband had dinner with another woman and I didn't know about it and found out by accident I'd be all over him like stink on a monkey!

if there is flirtation going on I think it's emotional cheating. If you are just 2 friends, no. I have alot of guy friends that are like brothers to me. MY DH has female friends (who we are both friends with) that are like sisters to him. We have both grabbed a bite or hung out w/these friends alone respectively. There are no secrets. I think if he or I ever hid the fact that we did this, then there is an underlying problem somewhere.

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
if you can't do it in frlont of your significant other, you shouldn't be doing it!

I have a guy friend from high school that visits us/me every so often. His wife and baby comes w/ him sometimes, sometimes not. I had dinner w/ him last week and my 5 yr old came too. . . I wasn't cheating, both of our spouses know we're buddies.

just want to add, I just hung up w/ said friends and offered him help w/ choosing the right diamond earrings for his pregnant wife!
:upsidedown: