Is it cheaper in Hong Kong?

from my april trip this year, i went in almost 10 LV stores (around hotel at TST and taking the subway to other areas) and a couple of 2nd hand shops. there are so many rare top designer bags in 2nd hand shops you'd just die, and they look so new! b.bags, LV, Gucci filled the shelves! the LV shops that are big have huge ranges in goodies, the shoes section in one of the shop is so large! plus, they have all the latest bags and colors. i don't think LV shops there go on sale tho. however, since HK is taxless, the price is less than most countries. important tip I got from an older experienced shopaholic is that LV/designer goods are cheapest in the US, if you get tourist refunds for the tax.

example1: mini pochette accessories in HK is HK$ 1,650~US$ 212, in the US shop it's US$ 205.

example2: baggy pm is HK$ 8,800~US$ 1,135, in the US shop it's US$ 1,120

sorry i'm very exact when it comes to remembering some LV item prices *_* if my info is incorrect, please share!

it was a real pleasure shopping for cosmetics in HK, the prices are indeed cheaper like MAC (my fav) and perfumes, you'll definitely have so much fun there! wanting to go again just to shop!!! =)

littlepanda said:
Does anybody know the address of the flagship store in HK? I'm going there tomorrow :smile:

not sure if it's too late. but it's at the intersection of queens road central and Pedder street. Right next to the tram-tracks, you cannot miss it. :yes:

For indoor mall shopping, go to Pacific Place in Admiralty (Admiralty is a city I suppose?). Pacific Place is this giant retail mall that has every high-end designer stuff imaginable. There's a LV boutique there as well. ;)

bluekit said:
not sure if it's too late. but it's at the intersection of queens road central and Pedder street. Right next to the tram-tracks, you cannot miss it. :yes:

For indoor mall shopping, go to Pacific Place in Admiralty (Admiralty is a city I suppose?). Pacific Place is this giant retail mall that has every high-end designer stuff imaginable. There's a LV boutique there as well. ;)

Yup, the address is right. Just take the MTR (Island line) and get off in Central then exit D, this will get you to Pedder Street. Once you get out, believe me you can't miss it! It's huge! The Admiralty store is pretty tiny compared to the Landmark one. Oh and Admiralty is still in Hong Kong, it's actually just one stop away from Central.

The store at Landmark was soooo big! However, I mainly stayed in the part with the handbags and accessories :biggrin: The service was wonderful, I felt a bit bad since I kept asking to see things that were still in the storeroom, but the SA was super patient with me and kept going to get them. Best of all, the SA wasn't all business and actually chatted about unrelated things with me, and helped me decide which accessories to get (there are seriously too many choices!) I seriously like I was floating on air from my experience there, it was wonderful. The SA even gave me boxes for my purchases without me asking.

On an slightly unrelated note, my boyfriend said that the couches are really comfortable in the men's section with the shoes, since he sat there for about an hour while I decided what to purchase. He is a patient, wonderful guy who actually tries to understand my LV obsession. I think he's a keeper :biggrin:

littlepanda said:
The store at Landmark was soooo big! However, I mainly stayed in the part with the handbags and accessories :biggrin: The service was wonderful, I felt a bit bad since I kept asking to see things that were still in the storeroom, but the SA was super patient with me and kept going to get them. Best of all, the SA wasn't all business and actually chatted about unrelated things with me, and helped me decide which accessories to get (there are seriously too many choices!) I seriously like I was floating on air from my experience there, it was wonderful. The SA even gave me boxes for my purchases without me asking.

On an slightly unrelated note, my boyfriend said that the couches are really comfortable in the men's section with the shoes, since he sat there for about an hour while I decided what to purchase. He is a patient, wonderful guy who actually tries to understand my LV obsession. I think he's a keeper :biggrin:

Yay! I'm glad you've found it! :biggrin: So what did you get??? :graucho: And yup- I think your DBF is a keeper. :yes:

I miss taking the ferry to and fro HK and Kowloon... I hardly remember LV in HK but the Champs Elysees store was huge and there was a clown to entertain us too. He took off my father's watch without him noticing.. both cities are lovely. This post makes me wana go on a shopping rampage at Ladies Market (Nu Ren Jie) this summer!

ariana said:
from my april trip this year, i went in almost 10 LV stores (around hotel at TST and taking the subway to other areas) and a couple of 2nd hand shops. there are so many rare top designer bags in 2nd hand shops you'd just die, and they look so new! b.bags, LV, Gucci filled the shelves! the LV shops that are big have huge ranges in goodies, the shoes section in one of the shop is so large! plus, they have all the latest bags and colors. i don't think LV shops there go on sale tho. however, since HK is taxless, the price is less than most countries. important tip I got from an older experienced shopaholic is that LV/designer goods are cheapest in the US, if you get tourist refunds for the tax.

example1: mini pochette accessories in HK is HK$ 1,650~US$ 212, in the US shop it's US$ 205.

example2: baggy pm is HK$ 8,800~US$ 1,135, in the US shop it's US$ 1,120

sorry i'm very exact when it comes to remembering some LV item prices *_* if my info is incorrect, please share!

it was a real pleasure shopping for cosmetics in HK, the prices are indeed cheaper like MAC (my fav) and perfumes, you'll definitely have so much fun there! wanting to go again just to shop!!! =)

Actually, the prices are better in Europe, especially France. Even more if you can get your VAT back. The french LV site has the listed priced and if you convert them via the exchange rate, you'll find that they're cheaper. :amuse:

I heard from a Gucci SA (who has friends who are LV SA) that the staff will get the off-season/displayed items (shoes, etc) for 80% off, and the ones that don't sell get destroyed. I don't know whether it's for real or not, but I would love to be a LV SA for that reason!

Helloooo....I am an American transplanted here in HK because of my DH's job. We have been here for 3 years. After reading all the posts, I can say that I have NEVER seen a sale on LV items in the LV stores here in HK. They need no sale, as on plenty of days there are lines of tourists waiting to go in and purchase!!! My colleague at my job was in charge of the window displays at the LV flagship store mentioned above, and he said they are doing about 5 million US dollars a day in business!!!! I do tons of shopping at the second hand handbag stores, and :heart: them. I will put up some pics of some of my bags that I have bought there. I don't know how many I have stored on my computer, but here goes.... There is a large Chloe bracelet bag...I paid $500, the last time I saw one on Ebay (this size and style are rare) it sold for almost $2000. A LV trompe l'oeil pouchette, I paid $1000...not sure how much they cost, but I know they are hard to find, and a Fendi Vanity...I paid $300, retail is $1100. So the prices are:love: . If any of you come to HK....let me know....for my first 2 1/2 yrs. here, all I did was take people on shopping tours!!!:roflmfao:

Attachments

• chloe.jpg
    chloe.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 99
  • LV.jpg
    LV.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 1074039.jpg
    1074039.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 94