Is it bad to only like one style of bag?? Carly

The more bags I try the more I realize I only like certain shapes and even if the colors/patterns are pretty on other bags I own, I won't reach for them as often. I think if you like the Carly then enjoy! Most casual observers will notice the color/pattern of your purse before the style anyways if you're worried about them all looking similar. The only time you will have to worry about it is when they stop making the particular shape bag you love! :s

:yahoo:i agree with the gals..keep only what u like and enjoy bringing out..my all time fav is the Carly too, the sigs and leather were just too delicious for me to fall for another make..

Go for it. I have a few duplicate style in different colors in my collection (2 Alis, 2 Legacy Shoulder bags, 4 gallery totes). I just purchased a Carly (Medium chili leather) in March and I love it! I too, want another carly in a different color. I love the chili, but there are a few wardrobe items it doesn't go with, my bags don't have to "match" but they do need to coordinate with the outfit I'm wearing, especially when I no longer have to wear a coat! I find the Carly to be the perfect size bag, not too small, not too big. Fits comfortably on the shoulder and isn't heavy (like some of my other bags), no matter how much stuff I put in it. You know what you like and there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't have more than one.

Well I am glad to see that I am not the only one like this!! Thanks girls for all of your replies. I can't wait to get my next Carly!!!

After my exchange on Monday (I think), as I was leaving through Dillards, I decided to make a "drive by" the Coach counter. I saw a Large Carly in Chili for the first time. I said "OMG that is GORGEOUS!" to the SA. I asked "is that like $498?". She said "No...it's on sale for $379!!!". It was scratched and they didn't have any others in back. I asked if she had any moisturizer to try to clean it up and she used some Brahmin stuff and it didn't appear to work so I didn't get it. My Coach Store can't even order that color in large. Was the large made specifically for Dept. Stores? I don't think the stores got the large Chocolate either. Did I make the wrong choice not picking it up???

BTW...I love Born Clogs!! I have around 9 pairs (some are doubles). They are the most comfy shoes in the entire universe!! (to me)

I don't think its bad that you only like the style of the carly... i LOVE the style, and I mean if I could afford a lot more carlys I would get them in every color also... I think thats the same way as liking a particular style of jeans or something for instance, where you love the style because it "fits" good... and the carly is one of my favorite COACH bags!

fieldsinspring.. I am not really wanting a bunch of bags either because I don't think they will get used enough for what they cost. I also am a stay at home mother and can't justify a ton of bags here especially since you can only use one at a time. I just want a couple options. I love the pink multi print but I don't think I will use it enough and feel I can get something that will go better with more. I have 2 sig Carlys so I know I want the metallic cause I feel like this can be a little dressier than the 2 sigs or dressed down.

Sounds like a great idea. :tup:

Well, I have 8 Ali's and do not regret it at all since they aren't making it anymore. I have 7 pairs of boots same style different colors (happen to match my Ali's :yahoo:) several duplicate pairs of shoes. I have 2 Bridgits for formal/conservative occasions. Liking one style has curbed my spending. I haven't seen anything else that I'd be happy with.

YIKES!!! 8 Ali's!! Are there 8 colors in the Ali? Please post a pic of all of them together. You really make me feel good because I only have 2 Carly's and want at least one more. I want lots more colors of Carly but I can't have too many handbags at a time. Maybe if I worked and didn't have kids...lol. Someday!!

If you really love a style and it works for you, I say you should get it in multiples.
I have four Ali's, three Bleeker Duffles, four Ergo hobos, three Ergo totes. If I love
something I can't help but have more than one. Go for it as the Carly is a great style.
I don't own a Carly yet but now that there are metallics I just might get one. To me
the Metallic is a great neutral that goes with everything.

After my exchange on Monday (I think), as I was leaving through Dillards, I decided to make a "drive by" the Coach counter. I saw a Large Carly in Chili for the first time. I said "OMG that is GORGEOUS!" to the SA. I asked "is that like $498?". She said "No...it's on sale for $379!!!". It was scratched and they didn't have any others in back. I asked if she had any moisturizer to try to clean it up and she used some Brahmin stuff and it didn't appear to work so I didn't get it. My Coach Store can't even order that color in large. Was the large made specifically for Dept. Stores? I don't think the stores got the large Chocolate either. Did I make the wrong choice not picking it up???

BTW...I love Born Clogs!! I have around 9 pairs (some are doubles). They are the most comfy shoes in the entire universe!! (to me)

Hey! I heard that they aren't making the Carly in chili anymore :sad: When I bought my medium chili I got the last one in the store and the SA told me I was so lucky because they wouldn't be getting anymore. The chocoloate large Carly hasn't been available to order in a while. I won a large one on ebay but I don't know if I want it. I won it for a great price but I think the medium is more practical for me. If I were you I would look on ebay if you really want a chili Carly, they are selling pretty cheap!

I have bag multiples... I have 4 large ergo hobos.. Black Patent, Red patent, Turquoise Leather and Khaki Sig with White trim. I think there is nothing wrong with liking a style and buying in every color you like. I would buy another large Carly too.

I am a Carly convert. I have 3 and I am getting rid of everything else. It is the perfect size and I love the style, you can dress her up or down.
I second that! I just got my first Carly (large khaki) this week and I am seriously thinking of selling my black bag (not a Coach) and buying a black Carly. It is really a great bag and great looking.