Is goyard still truely handpainted???

Well... if I'm paying that much for a bag, the least I expect is some neat painting!!! :P

LOL so true... i think other brands need to get that concept as well... that why i want to get a St. Louis GM tote instead of a DE neverfull GM for school, the quality is still there and nobody knows WTF goyard is, yet, just hope that goyard still does this handpainting for a long time to come and doesnt increase the prices... :smile:

LOL so true... i think other brands need to get that concept as well... that why i want to get a St. Louis GM tote instead of a DE neverfull GM for school, the quality is still there and nobody knows WTF goyard is, yet, just hope that goyard still does this handpainting for a long time to come and doesnt increase the prices... :smile:

You should ask for a goyard as a graduation gift! My parents gave me one last year - it was customised with my initials and I get SO many compliments on it. The perfect thing to commemorate the occasion :smile:

You should ask for a goyard as a graduation gift! My parents gave me one last year - it was customised with my initials and I get SO many compliments on it. The perfect thing to commemorate the occasion :smile:

YES!!! i think this will ***** my planned mon mono speedy 40!!! defs put that into consideration!!! :smile: such a great idea!!! havent thought of it before... only problem i dont live anywhere near a goyard store... how am i supposed to place the order, etc?

YES!!! i think this will ***** my planned mon mono speedy 40!!! defs put that into consideration!!! :smile: such a great idea!!! havent thought of it before... only problem i dont live anywhere near a goyard store... how am i supposed to place the order, etc?

I think it's worth giving your nearest Goyard store a call, even if it is in a different country! Their service is really excellent. I ordered mine in-store in London but they couldn't do enough for me. They might be able to do it all over the phone or by email. If you opt for this route though, it's best to have a really good idea about what you want though in terms of customisation. There are a gazillion different colours and variations you can have and once you've decided they sketch it all out for you on a mock-up of the bag so you know exactly what you're getting. It really is an amazing process - completely different from any other purse buying experience I've had!!

I think it's worth giving your nearest Goyard store a call, even if it is in a different country! Their service is really excellent. I ordered mine in-store in London but they couldn't do enough for me. They might be able to do it all over the phone or by email. If you opt for this route though, it's best to have a really good idea about what you want though in terms of customisation. There are a gazillion different colours and variations you can have and once you've decided they sketch it all out for you on a mock-up of the bag so you know exactly what you're getting. It really is an amazing process - completely different from any other purse buying experience I've had!!

WOW so they actually draw everything up for you in a sketchbook and whatnot, tear it out and say 'here this is what you goyard will look like!' i like that idea... well the closest one to me is in hong kong and im going there anyway at the end of the year so i think i will just go in store and ask them!!! thank you for you suggestion!!! defs going to get it now!1!

WOW so they actually draw everything up for you in a sketchbook and whatnot, tear it out and say 'here this is what you goyard will look like!' i like that idea... well the closest one to me is in hong kong and im going there anyway at the end of the year so i think i will just go in store and ask them!!! thank you for you suggestion!!! defs going to get it now!1!

Well they have a template of the bag and then draw your customisation on with stripes and letters etc. They then have to send it to France to get it hand painted (LOVE that bit... :love:) and then they send it back to the store. But I'm sure they can just send it direct if you're not going to be there that long.

Good luck! Share pics if/ when you do take the plunge! It's such a magical, special experience :smile:

I know this thread is a bit old, but it would be interesting to know when Goyard exactly switched to stencils since I have a bag from June 2006 and one from July 2012. While the dots on the 2012 bag look a bit neater and thinner there isn't that much difference between the two

I know this thread is a bit old, but it would be interesting to know when Goyard exactly switched to stencils since I have a bag from June 2006 and one from July 2012. While the dots on the 2012 bag look a bit neater and thinner there isn't that much difference between the two

I think I just read today that the change happened in 2006. I think :smile:

Oh this is good to know! I never knew the pattern was handpainted, but I bought mine after 2006 anyway. Even though they use stencils now, I still appreciate that they're hand painted. :smile: