Is goyard still truely handpainted???

I can give it a try! :smile:

Thank you in advance! Would love to hear your opinion :smile:

After seeing the up-close pics of the black one (especially the one with the better lighting) I think it was already stencilled. There are some irregularities (white dot pattern, bottom row, the last two white dots on the right give it away, the distance between them is bigger once and smaller the other time), but it seems like there were two stencils used?

Attachments

• Goyard_Black.jpg
    Goyard_Black.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 695
  • Goyard_Black2.jpg
    Goyard_Black2.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 701
  • Goyard_White.jpg
    Goyard_White.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 686
Thank you in advance! Would love to hear your opinion :smile:

After seeing the up-close pics of the black one (especially the one with the better lighting) I think it was already stencilled. There are some irregularities (white dot pattern, bottom row, the last two white dots on the right give it away, the distance between them is bigger once and smaller the other time), but it seems like there were two stencils used?
Indeed both manufactured with stencils. Nowadays the stencil is pretty much the same, but I've seen some varieties in older bags. :smile:

So I finally got my white Croisiere from Vestiaire Collective shipped to me and the canvas is surely handpainted. However, the datecode says PIR020073, which means it was made in March 2007, right? My bag bought in 2006 says something with 2006 in the middle and the other bought in 2012 something with 2012 in the middle, so I guess the datecode means 2007 and not 2003?

I was wondering how that can be if my black Okinawa tote from 2006 was already stencilled?

Regarding Vestiaire Collective itself I'm on the fence. While I like the bag per se it looked cleaner on the pictures, there was no mention of the tiny cracks in one spot of the canvas and what I really don't find okay: no mention or picture of the hotstamped intials of the previous owner on the inner leather tab of the zipper...

So I finally got my white Croisiere from Vestiaire Collective shipped to me and the canvas is surely handpainted. However, the datecode says PIR020073, which means it was made in March 2007, right? My bag bought in 2006 says something with 2006 in the middle and the other bought in 2012 something with 2012 in the middle, so I guess the datecode means 2007 and not 2003?

I was wondering how that can be if my black Okinawa tote from 2006 was already stencilled?

Regarding Vestiaire Collective itself I'm on the fence. While I like the bag per se it looked cleaner on the pictures, there was no mention of the tiny cracks in one spot of the canvas and what I really don't find okay: no mention or picture of the hotstamped intials of the previous owner on the inner leather tab of the zipper...
I guess they probably had some white hand painted canvas left when they produced your bag. I'm suspecting they made the change with black first, since the black Goyard color is the cheapest and more importantly most popular.
Sadly Goyard never gave any info on their date codes. But I'm almost sure the 4 middle numbers stand for the year. And the first and last for the season/month, still haven't figured that out yet. :P

I guess they probably had some white hand painted canvas left when they produced your bag. I'm suspecting they made the change with black first, since the black Goyard color is the cheapest and more importantly most popular.
Sadly Goyard never gave any info on their date codes. But I'm almost sure the 4 middle numbers stand for the year. And the first and last for the season/month, still haven't figured that out yet. :P

Thanks for the explanation, sounds logical.

All 3 of my Goyards have 0 as first number and either 2, 3 or 4 as the last number. So in theory it might even be the season. However, the one with the 4 as last number is my 2006 black Okinawa, that I purchases in July 2006, so this makes me doubt that 4 stands for the season :thinking: