Is gold HW really harder to come by?

i suppose with the trend of silver jewelry (or white gold) since - most pple prefer palladium over gold... thus the stores will order what they believe will sell to their customers...

however, with yellow gold now back in trend, i foresee we will see a better mixture of hardwares offered in the stores, no?

Lately here in "Alaska" (northeastern US) I have been noticing gold hardware being more readily available than it has been for the past few seasons. Especially on Bolides and Kellys for some reason, but also a few Birkins here and there and a good number of HACs with Gold HW. I definitely agree that some stores order what they believe will sell best to their clientele, whether that's certain leathers, certain sizes, certain colors, or certain HW colors.

evekitti, are you in Singapore?

The business practices of the Singapore stores are no different from those practised elsewhere. Hermes rewards good customers for their loyalty and patronage. And it sometimes come in the form of a special order (SO). The quota for SOs is very small every buying season, and therefore it's extremely difficult to place special orders.

Palladium is the typical hardware of choice. Bags with GHW are usually ordered only when the buyer/manager knows that there is interest in GHW for a certain colour/leather combo. And bags with GHW are typically ordered for specific customers in mind, whom the SAs know, appreciate GHW.

mrssparkles, Yes! I'm in Singapore. I managed to secure a Birkin from Liat Towers a few years ago, but I've long given up trying to get another. Each and every time I ask, the waiting list is closed, even for exotics. I give up!:hysteric:I find it much easier to get a Kelly or Birkin in Tokyo. Plus I don't have to pay GST!

evekitti, a few years ago, it was still possible to place one's name on a "real" waitlist without spending a cent, and just wait for one's turn to get shown a Birkin. This is no longer the practice.

Unlike stores in other parts of the world, you would almost never see a Birkin on the shelf (except for the 50cm Blue Brighton Clemence Birkin a few months ago). And Birkins are not sold to walk-ins. Read in between the lines, and I am already saying alot. Hermes will reward customers who embrace the brand. Not just for their Kellys or Birkins. And exotics are for VVVVVIPs only.

And I agree with you, Tokyo has the most Birkins and Kellys in one country, in Asia. A friend was looking for a Kelly Pochette, and she was actually asked to get one in Tokyo .... only because their quota for KPs is huge!