Is Birkin being devalued or adding value Cardi b

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised by the fact that Cardi B can get what she wants when she wants it if they have it. I'm also unfortunately not surprised by the fact that people question that she can. I don't have to like her music or her speaking style, and I don't, but I also make no assumptions about her pull at any retailer, Hermes included.
I bet she does buy from PP if a store doesn't have what she wants but it's certainly not because she "can't" get a Birkin (or four) at Hermes.

I couldn't care less about the trends Cardi thinks she's starting.
All I wanna know is this: If she is in fact buying the birkins/Kellys from the H Boutique (which I highly doubt), does she also have to buy the Birkin Bait to go along with it???? :thinking: I don't see her rocking a clic clac or a poncho :giggle:
She is getting her bags and SOs from Prive Porter and paying a gajillion dollar mark up. PeriodT.
So who cares. Let her.
She will be back to Balenciaga in no time.
How dare you?! :P I certainly hope by this you mean Demna Gvasalia Balenciaga because Cardi can have 'em all.

It's not Cardi or the Kardashians themselves that devalue a brand for me. The devaluation happens when it's made so obvious what celeb who***res brands like Hermès and others are while demanding from what to them is obviously considered more riff raff customers buy all kinds of bric a brac before even being considered for a precious Birkin. I'll still buy from them because like a philosopher once said, glamour is a world problem and most of us are addicted suckers to it, but the hypocrisy and lack of true integrity do pi***ss me off.

omg literally who cares lol...

Let her wear what she wants and we should all wear what we want.

Nothing is gonna happen to Hermes, or any brand she wears lol

I actually love Cardi, I think her outspoken, vulgar, and bold personality is needed. She's confident AF and she doesn't care. We need more women like her because throughout history women have always been taught to act prudish, quiet, oppressed, and covered up, succumbing to the demands of a naturally patriarchal society. The confidence that Cardi has is unmatched and other women should feel just as confident as her in their own ways and forms of expression!

omg literally who cares lol...

Let her wear what she wants and we should all wear what we want.

Nothing is gonna happen to Hermes, or any brand she wears lol

I actually love Cardi, I think her outspoken, vulgar, and bold personality is needed. She's confident AF and she doesn't care. We need more women like her because throughout history women have always been taught to act prudish, quiet, oppressed, and covered up, succumbing to the demands of a naturally patriarchal society. The confidence that Cardi has is unmatched and other women should feel just as confident as her in their own ways and forms of expression!
ITA, though I’m not familiar with the celebrity. I question. Also agree with @ce_1992 statement “ some racism involved with people questioning if she and other rappers devalue the bag.” BTW, the rules are bent for celebrities bc it adds value to the brands bottom line. For every celebrity in head to toe chanel, or with a collection of birkins, Chanel can sell tons of nail polish or hermes can ring up ties, or scarf rings or what not.

Last edited:
I love Cardi!!!! Haters gonna hate, who cares ... She deserves each and every one of those bags - just like everyone.

But honestly, I really don't care what brands she chooses. And I would never valuate a brand by looking at who sports it or not/ who is a brand ambassador or not. No time to keep up with this stuff, and it doesn't interest me one bit.

But with todays "cancelling culture", people sporting brands, can become a problem for that brands.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Her man posted the receipt bahah

I am not a big Cardi B person, but good for her — she seems to work hard for the bags. Always good to see a successful person of color as well.

What I would like to know if why the payment is for 85k on the AmEx — what about the rest of it? Cash? 85k is not that high of a spend you would think...

Status
Not open for further replies.